Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[D&D 4E] Ep. 4001 - In Brightest Day, Blackest Night
Ep. 4001 - In Brightest Day, Blackest Night

By Robert Reed

Quote:"In 1299, a new age is dawning, diplomacy happens and you are part of it. Or at least delivering it for those in leadership positions of the great city states that are part of it. But nothing is ever as simple as it seems, with danger and treachery lurking everywhere, even In Brightest day, In Blackest Night… A Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor adventure for heroic level characters."

That's right. This adventure is set in the Age of the Wolf. Centuries after the previous iterations of Blackmoor.

Download this adventure here.

Trouble Downloading? Read this first!

Let us know what you think of this module here! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
What a treat! 8)
This looks like a great campaign, but it requires a bit of work on the GM's side, as it refers to stories, things, facts and institutions that are probably detailed in the Age of the Wolf campaign setting, that is (still) unpublished. However, this "sneak peak" is the best possible way to get an idea of what the Age of the Wolf (set almost 300 years in the future of classic Blackmoor) could have been.
For this reason, this adventure requires very careful reading from the GM and I guess that properly running the campaign would recommend reading with attention all the 4e adventures and piecing together many small details to support re-creating the campaign world.
I also had the impression that this adventure would probably be difficult to be run as a one-session adventure, but you have to try running them in practice before being sure about this.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Thank you very much for sharing this. I was really interested in the 4e material for Blackmoor. I will read this tonight.
If I subscribe to the MMRPG forum, is that the right spot to find future 4e MMRPG PDFs?
Zeromaru X Wrote:Thank you very much for sharing this. I was really interested in the 4e material for Blackmoor. I will read this tonight.

Hope you like it! Smile

Let us know what you think!

-Havard
Tim Baker Wrote:If I subscribe to the MMRPG forum, is that the right spot to find future 4e MMRPG PDFs?

Yes, I will keep both the 3.0/3.5 adventures and the 4E adventures in this forum Smile

It should be noted, the 4E material I have is very limited.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:It should be noted, the 4E material I have is very limited.

-Havard

This is sad. I hope you do have any other materials that help understand more about the Age of the Wolf.

And I hope someone can share with us any material they have about the unpublished book, but I know that is wishful thinking.
Zeromaru X Wrote:
Havard Wrote:It should be noted, the 4E material I have is very limited.

-Havard

This is sad. I hope you do have any other materials that help understand more about the Age of the Wolf.

And I hope someone can share with us any material they have about the unpublished book, but I know that is wishful thinking.

I will share what I have over the coming months.

As to the actual book, the comissioned designers for that project were C.A. Suleiman and Ari Marmell. You could reach out to them, but I think they may be legally prevented from sharing their material for the book. Robert Reed (President of Code Monkey Press) may also have had whatever the desigers sent him, but he too might be legally prevented from sharing any of this.

-Havard
I'm curious to see how much we can gauge about the Age of Wolf from the passing comments and the small detail that we can find in these adventures.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Havard Wrote:As to the actual book, the comissioned designers for that project were C.A. Suleiman and Ari Marmell. You could reach out to them, but I think they may be legally prevented from sharing their material for the book. Robert Reed (President of Code Monkey Press) may also have had whatever the desigers sent him, but he too might be legally prevented from sharing any of this.
If there's no chance of any financial gain from this book in the future, I wonder if it can be released as a fan-made supplement, free of charge. I realize that not all designers would be interested in releasing a product for free—they should absolutely be paid for their work. But if that's an impossibility, and they ultimately want the fans to be able to see what they've created after so many years, perhaps a fan production is a possibility.