Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Gearing up for Blackmoor Week and Dave Arneson Game Day 2019
Dave Arneson Game Day 2019 will be on October 1st and this date is quickly descending upon us. There is a Facebook Event for this date here, so make sure you sign up.

October 1st is on a Tuesday, so starting on Tuesday 24 the week from there is celebrated by some of us as Blackmoor Week. That is starting next Tuesday!

Real world stuff is going to keep me fairly busy this coming week, but I have some things planned already and I will be preparing some more things this weekend. I'm going to share some goodies over the coming week, but saving the best for October 1st.

Are you planning anything for Blackmoor Week or Dave Arneson Game Day? Its not too late! Also, if you post about it at The Comeback Inn, then we can coordinate things a bit among ourselves and it will seem like a bigger event than if we are just doing things by ourselves.

The point is to celebrate Dave's legacy, our love for RPGs and just to have fun.

PS: We need to distance ourselves form any anti-Gygax trolling. That is really just a distraction from Dave's real legacy. These events should, In My Humble Opinion, be about love, not hate.

Here's the thread from last year's Dave Arneson Game Day.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Blackmoor Week: 7 Days til Dave Arneson Game Day.

Read about what Blackmoor Week is, what you can do to participate and what I have planned.

Who else wants to join in? All contributions, small and large count!

-Havard
My Blackmoor campaign progress steadily and new amateur adventures will be published.
Hopefully they will not be just downloaded to hard discs but instead played: Blackmoor inspired adventures are there to be played and to keep Dave Arneson's legacy alive! Wink
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Hehehe... Anniversary avatar 2019: Selected. Big Grin

While I'm not doing something BM-specific, this year, I'm currently rereading one of my personal "signpost" texts within the fantasy genre - "The First King of Shannara". As many of you might recall, this is also the book I recommended over when I was running my PBPs here. Not sure how much Blackmoor is really in it, or how many ideas from it can really be mined for games like the ones we here tend to play, but - to me, it remains one of my take on fantasy's key texts. If you still find this one somewhere, my recommendation remains to buy it. Smile
Our NYC OD&D public play group is running Temple of the Frog starting Oct 1.

We play the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm to 10:00pm, at Brooklyn Game Lab (Tribeca) 119 Chambers, Manhattan, NYC ($5 at the door ).
Blackmoor Week 2019: Day 2 - MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS

-Havard
Fantastic news!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Blackmoor Week Day 3:
  • Greg Svenson's Upcoming Blackmoor Sourcebook Revealed (with cover and details)
  • New Blackmoor 5E Adventures Confirmed
  • Upcoming Blackmoor MMRPG Material
  • And more!

(Click on link above for more details).

What are you most excited about? Smile

-Havard
I would point out that if new books to 5E come out that I'm not aware of its cool to play those classes/archetypes/etc.

The only thing I point out are the changes to Eldritch Knight and arcane casters (registering for the Cabal) if you're going to play the mods.
Arkenealylth Wrote:I would point out that if new books to 5E come out that I'm not aware of its cool to play those classes/archetypes/etc.

The only thing I point out are the changes to Eldritch Knight and arcane casters (registering for the Cabal) if you're going to play the mods.

Those adaptation notes are useful.

Here's the adventure now!
-Havard