Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Caradegg's Rest
[Image: 8509470229_6943545bc9_b.jpg]

Caradegg's Rest is a non-canonical settlement featured in The Vales Campaign. For some odd reason North is to the right of the map. I may fix that in later updates.

It was founded in the Year 35 and later given the name in honor of its founder, Caradegg the Giant Slayer. It is currently (NC 997) ruled by Thane Arthax. In many ways this town of 700 people represents the meeting point between the Vales region and the Duchy of Ten.

Trivia: I originally created the Caradegg character as a henchman for my PC in the Last Fantasy Campaign, where he was a lieutenant in the army of King Robert of Geneva (around Year 1 NC).

More City Maps
-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I love it. By the way, I think that's a perfect location for a roadside shrine to Shau. IIRC one of Shau's main portfolio interests is the protection of dwarves, but I think Dranwyn would extend this attitude to "the protection of anyone friendly with his people". Thane Arthax and the villagers here certainly fall into that category (at least as far as Dranwyn is concerned).

If we do set up a collapsible tunnel (which I think at some point we would want to do), I see it running parallel to the road and under the palisades before turning toward Thora and Garim's house (#6).

Now... who in the area might Dranwyn see about commissioning a statue of Shau for the shrine (and how much might that cost?). Nothing too fancy to start with - just a simple statue or bust carved in stone. It probably wouldn't be more than 2-3 feet high (if a full statue) or 1 1/2 feet high if a bust.
That's "Melwas & Trista" not in the "Thora & Garim" sense Wink
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Who does house no. 5 belong to?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:Who does house no. 5 belong to?
"this space left blank"
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Chimpman Wrote:I love it. By the way, I think that's a perfect location for a roadside shrine to Shau.

Glad you like it! Smile

Quote: IIRC one of Shau's main portfolio interests is the protection of dwarves, but I think Dranwyn would extend this attitude to "the protection of anyone friendly with his people". Thane Arthax and the villagers here certainly fall into that category (at least as far as Dranwyn is concerned).

Makes sense. Dwarves are very rare in The Vales, but Dranwyn, Thora and Garim have been good ambassadors for their race to the Thane.

Quote:If we do set up a collapsible tunnel (which I think at some point we would want to do), I see it running parallel to the road and under the palisades before turning toward Thora and Garim's house (#6).

The Thane's men do not have the engineering skills to build something like this, but between the three of you dwarves, you should be able to figure that out. Smile

Quote:Now... who in the area might Dranwyn see about commissioning a statue of Shau for the shrine (and how much might that cost?). Nothing too fancy to start with - just a simple statue or bust carved in stone. It probably wouldn't be more than 2-3 feet high (if a full statue) or 1 1/2 feet high if a bust.

More on that here. Smile

-Havard
RobJN Wrote:That's "Melwas & Trista" not in the "Thora & Garim" sense Wink

Hmmm.... Wink

Dave L Wrote:Who does house no. 5 belong to?

Well spotted! Who wants it? :mrgreen:

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Trivia: I originally created the Caradegg character as a henchman for my PC in the Last Fantasy Campaign, where he was a lieutenant in the army of King Robert of Geneva (around Year 1 NC).

*Somewhere, on the shores of the distant kingdom of Angria, a certain black sluggard sneezes. Pridefully!* Smile