Frank Metzer

Assistant to Gary Gygax and TRS Alumni

Tom Wham

TSR Alumni

David Wesley

Creator of Braunstein

And

The Dave Arneson's Blackmoor crew

with more Special guests to be announced !

The Convention Facility

is

Gamezcenter

1975 County Road B2 W, Roseville, MN 55113

Gamezenter Home Page

This newly renovated facility has a in-house kitchen with a wine and beer licence.

Food Options

Normally GC doen't have breakfast items on the menu but for DaveCon they will and Ill be posting about those option when they inform me.

Sorry, no Outside food is allowed

DaveCon will be getting a special expanded Convention menu.

We also are working on at table serving with a App for easy payment options.

The following Hotels are nearest to

DaveCon

Hotels are within walking distance of Davecon ( Gamezcenter )

DoubleTree by Hilton

2540 Cleveland Ave,

Roseville, MN 55113

https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservat ... LINKDIRECT

Norwood Inn & Suites Roseville 2401 Prior Ave N,

Roseville, MN 55113

Norwood Inn & Suites

Motel 6 Roseville, MN - Minneapolis North 2300 Cleveland Ave N,

Roseville, MN 55113

Error Page

The Key Inn

2550 Cleveland Ave N

Roseville, MN 55113

Key Inn Minneapolis St Paul - Official Site

I recommend a Taxi, Hotel Shuttle or ride share from these locations

Hampton Inn Minneapolis-Roseville 2050 Iona Ln West,

Roseville, MN 55113

Hampton Inn Minneapolis Roseville, MN Hotel

Holiday Inn Express Roseville-St. Paul, an IHG Hotel 2715 Long Lake Rd,

Roseville, MN 55113

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/h ... /roseville

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Roseville, MN 2740 E Snelling Ser Dr,

Roseville, MN 55113

https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.com/ ... seville-mn

Delta Hotels by Marriott Minneapolis Northeast 1330 Industrial Blvd NE

Minneapolis, MN 55413

Delta Hotels Minneapolis Northeast

Forget something at home ?

Gamezcenter is centrally located west of Rosedale Mall shopping complex. Walmart, Target and a plethora of other stores are within a few miles also.

Airport

Gamezcenter is 20 Miles from the Minneapolis Saint Paul (MSP) International Airport.

MSP – Has two terminal buildings.

I HIGHLY recommend staying off the Light Rail unless going from one terminal to another or to the Mall of America.

Parking

Gamezceter will have on premise parking and right across the street at the Salvation Army building. I encourage people to car pool if possible especially if in inclement weather.

Source: https://tabletop.events/conventions/davecon

The main organizer appears to be a guy called Victor Dorzo.

Now, if you are doing an event to honor Dave Arneson, by all means don't tell the number one Blackmoor fan in the universe about it. Victor Dorzo was an unknown name to me untill recently, but I guess he doesnt need to be a Dave Arneson expert to be a good convention organizer. Nice to see that David Wesely is on board with this. I don't know who the "Dave Arneson's Blackmoor crew" refers to. I tend to think it is the Original Blackmoor Players, but the name could also mean the people behind the d20 Blackmoor line.

Anyone know anything about this?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
[Image: EKZ1M56U8AAC1Cy.jpg]

(Not sure if this is a reference people will get - but it's basically what I thought when I read this.)
Given what I've seen about how Kask felt about Arneson's material.... that's a bit of a gutsy move, having him as a guest.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:Given what I've seen about how Kask felt about Arneson's material.... that's a bit of a gutsy move, having him as a guest.
I agree. Dave was seeking a reconciliation with him about 15 years ago. I spent months trying to convince Tim to give up his hatred to no avail...
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Rafael Wrote:(Not sure if this is a reference people will get - but it's basically what I thought when I read this.)

I did not get the reference, but it kinda looks like you with a guitar Wink

-Havard
gsvenson Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:Given what I've seen about how Kask felt about Arneson's material.... that's a bit of a gutsy move, having him as a guest.
I agree. Dave was seeking a reconciliation with him about 15 years ago. I spent months trying to convince Tim to give up his hatred to no avail...

Overall the guest list looks a bit odd as presented. I would have at least listed Wesely and the Blackmoor Bunch (assuming that is who they are) first and then the other gentlemen who are more associated with D&D in general further down.

But if it helps promote Dave's legacy I suppose the con itself could be a good thing Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
Rafael Wrote:(Not sure if this is a reference people will get - but it's basically what I thought when I read this.)

I did not get the reference, but it kinda looks like you with a guitar Wink

-Havard

:mrgreen: I'm way fatter than this gentleman at this point, I'm pretty sure. - This is the guy who became famous for asking the Blizzard guys whether the announcement of "Diablo Immortal" (?) was an "out of season April Fools joke". Not quite wanting to throw the new convention under the bus until we know at least a bit more, but this is pretty much how I felt when I read this. I'm a European, and I'm perfectly happy to mind European things, but let's not kid ourselves: "Ernie and his Lake Geneva Bunglers" - which sounds like a great band name, by the way - are rendering their branch of oldschool D&D unmarketable and unpromotable for anyone, with their continued drama.

Poe's Law at work here, definitely: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

If this should turn out to be parody, one would have to tell the audience because we're at a point where we can't tell otherwise.
There is now a firestorm of negative comment about this event happening locally. The largest local fandom / gaming website / forum got over 100 negative comments about this event in less then 10 hours. The guest list is the primary concern, and the personal politics of the event organizer and the owner of the event's venue have all been brought up. What we have is our very own version of the recent 'TSR' mess going on, and it's going to have a very unhappy effect on the local gaming scene - it's like the very negative issues surrounding the local FLGS in 2018, which they are still trying to recover from.
Havard Wrote:
gsvenson Wrote:

Overall the guest list looks a bit odd as presented. I would have at least listed Wesely and the Blackmoor Bunch (assuming that is who they are) first and then the other gentlemen who are more associated with D&D in general further down.

But if it helps promote Dave's legacy I suppose the con itself could be a good thing Smile

-Havard

I got a call from one of the original Blackmoor players. They were not asked or consulted about going or running games. As near as I can make out, at this distance, Malia is also not involved or has been consulted; I think it's very telling that the event's web advertisements feature a strongly-worded disclaimer stating that 'DaveCon' is NOT connected to the Arneson Estate.

This is a mess already, and it's just getting worse by the hour here. Sad
Thanks Chirine,
please keep us posted Smile

-Havard