Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The Hello Thread!
(09-28-2023, 01:55 PM)Dragonmaster_Ben Wrote: Hi, 
I'm reading and collecting stuff from the birthing hours of Roleplay gaming and of course I love to play D&D myself.
I'm excited to have found this Forum and hope to learn much more about Blackmoor and find fun stuff to play with.

I hope you enjoy what you find here and are able to put it to good use!
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Hello! I have gotten into OD&D in the past year or so. I watched Secrets of Blackmoor, read The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg (loved both!), and ended up on this forum. I would like to run an OD&D game this year in honor of the 50th anniversary of the game. I hope to read these forums and learn more about Blackmoor/Dave Arneson in particular.

I am currently knee-deep in reading Dragons Beyond, a recent 1973 retroclone.
(07-19-2022, 01:52 PM)Love At First Bite Wrote: Registered at the behest of Havard for recommending that I check out RobJN World That Was!

I am not that new to Blackmoor. I used to own a couple of the D20 3E books, but had to sell them to raise a little coin when times got hard. Will be looking to get the PDFs when I get my next paycheck. May also have to invest in the TSR Alternity books.

Rob, do you have a bibliography for Thorn's World?

Welcome to the Comeback Inn!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
(09-28-2023, 01:55 PM)Dragonmaster_Ben Wrote: Hi, 
I'm reading and collecting stuff from the birthing hours of Roleplay gaming and of course I love to play D&D myself.
I'm excited to have found this Forum and hope to learn much more about Blackmoor and find fun stuff to play with.

Welcome to the Comeback Inn Ben!

hope you like the things you discover on this site. Keeping this place running is a labour of love of mine and that of my good friends and supporters Smile

-Havard
(01-12-2024, 09:30 PM)BlindAudelay Wrote: Hello! I have gotten into OD&D in the past year or so. I watched Secrets of Blackmoor, read The Lost Dungeons of Tonisborg (loved both!), and ended up on this forum. I would like to run an OD&D game this year in honor of the 50th anniversary of the game. I hope to read these forums and learn more about Blackmoor/Dave Arneson in particular.

I am currently knee-deep in reading Dragons Beyond, a recent 1973 retroclone.

Welcome to the Comeback Inn BlindAudelay!

Would love to hear more about what you thought of Tonisborg as well as Blackmoor! Smile

-Havard
Hello!

I'm from Poland, and I've playing and running RPGs for 30 years. Recently I've been exploring the roots of the hobby, reading old modules and systems. I've found Blackmoor in the Zeitgeist edition, and I loved the setting. It has a very classic old-school feel that I like.

I started to look for more information about the Blackmoor and I found this site. With some troubles that I've managed to overcome with help from Havard and Rob, I'm now here hoping for interesting discussions Smile
(03-02-2024, 05:42 PM)Dhaerow Wrote: Hello!

I'm from Poland, and I've playing and running RPGs for 30 years. Recently I've been exploring the roots of the hobby, reading old modules and systems. I've found Blackmoor in the Zeitgeist edition, and I loved the setting. It has a very classic old-school feel that I like.

I started to look for more information about the Blackmoor and I found this site. With some troubles that I've managed to overcome with help from Havard and Rob, I'm now here hoping for interesting discussions Smile

Hello Dhaerow!

Great to see you here at last! Hope you find the site useful! 

-Havard
Hi everyone, John from Troy, NY here! I started with D&D in the 80s and was unaware of different "worlds" like Blackmoor or Greyhawk as a kid. More recently my son and I got into 5th edition and I began to learn about the history of the game with Dave Arneson's group and the Lake Geneva wargame group. This seems like an awesome place to learn about D&D and Blackmoor. Looking forward to learning!

John
(04-24-2024, 05:50 AM)jbulloug@gmail.com Wrote: Hi everyone, John from Troy, NY here! I started with D&D in the 80s and was unaware of different "worlds" like Blackmoor or Greyhawk as a kid. More recently my son and I got into 5th edition and I began to learn about the history of the game with Dave Arneson's group and the Lake Geneva wargame group. This seems like an awesome place to learn about D&D and Blackmoor. Looking forward to learning!

John

Welcome to The Comeback Inn John! Smile

Would love to hear more about your gaming experiences with your son. I play both older and current editions as well as a wide range of non D&D RPGs.

-Havard