[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - OOC thread

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next
 Post subject: Re: OOC thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:13 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Oh, seriously, take a chill pill, old friend. If I was feeling any sort of animosity, why would I even bother? This is my old board, after all. If you're really, seriously going down to that level where you compare posting rhythms, well, check who caused the longest individual breaks over the last, what, 18 months. 'Twas you. - Which is ever the worse because your character is probably the leader of the party, and you pretty much force the group to adapt to your personal schedule, and that's not cool. Think about it.

But apart from that, so what you're saying is that you can guarantee your participation for approximately two months, but not longer? - In that case, in all friendliness, let's discuss ending the game, again.

How long would you have take a break if we did not end the game before Christmas?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:19 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Okay, I think it's about time for asking the question once again.

Do we want to continue this game - however long it might still need to come to an end?
Or should we call it quits and I write a final DM posting as propsed earlier?

Please let me know your choice. And we should then go with the majority. As there are three of you, we fortunately can't get have a draw here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:05 pm 
Boxed

Hi all,

I will be here until the end of December, although there are no firm dates. After that, I don't see I will have any availability for the long term. It could work, but I can not commit.

I vote for trying to finish the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:16 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

I would also love to play out whatever remains of the story, but I don't see how we could possibly do it in, give or take, seven weeks.

So, my vote is to end the game right now. If we, in the end, did not complete the campaign, then we can at least complete the story in a way that keeps everyone involved. Let's write a good epilogue!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 pm 
Baron of Newgate

I agree with Rafael.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:27 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

So be it then. This game is ended. Upcoming within the next few days: A writeup of what might have happened from now on...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:13 pm 
Boxed

Ok, then.
Thank you all for the game, and I look forward to seeing the final write up. I really enjoyed it, and it was good to share the experience with you all.

Enjoy life, and maybe we'll cross paths again in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:55 pm 
Baron of Newgate

Yes, thank you all for a pleasurable experience!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:53 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

As I said before, thanks for the great experience, guys. Thanks for sticking around six years longer after the WFI folded. And thanks for letting me back in after I quit in '12. :)

I'm pretty sure this is not the last time we roll the dice together, so this is a goodbye, not a farewell.

...And, of course, now there's , where Greg and I are playing. I am sure you others will eventually find your ways there as well, in one fashion, or another. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:06 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

This game ran much longer than I ever expected, and certainly had its lengths. And more than once I thought that it might die down, because so many players dropped out of it. So a big Thank You! to the three of you is overdue for hanging around for so long. It was a fun and interesting experience for me. Being the first messageboard game I ever ran, it taught me many lessons that may prove valuable to me in the future. Those of you who intend to buy this adventure (or even own it already, like Rafael) may be surprised to find that quite a few things in there aren't as we played them. This is typical for my way of DMing: I rarely use modules as they are written, often changing things along the way or well in adavance if I don't like them. I hope it was as fun and entertaining for you as it was for me. My final posting will need a bit longer than I expected because I'm currently very busy job-wise. So please be patient and continue to log in and check out things over this week and probably the next one.

Thereafter, this messageboard will have served its purpose and will be archived in the vaults of the interweb for future travelers to discover your exploits in Rahotep's Tomb.

Thanks again,

Andreas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2081 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209  Next