The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Stair to the Hidden Chambers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:36 pm 
Squire

Standing behind Eilkhan and Ahi, the paladin regards the choice before them then awaits a decision from those in the lead.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:48 pm 
Champion of Ezra

Eilkhan looks to Ahi. "Right is as good as any way, I suppose." Turning quickly to the Paladin she says "Right it is. I'll be careful."

Eilkhan takes her time. inspecting every nook, cranny and whatever else as she goes along. She leaves no place uninspected. Hopefully she'd have her usual luck.

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:19 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

OOC: Do the others follow Eilkhan?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm 
Squire

Kherim hangs back enough so as not to set off anything in his plate mail while Eilkhan works. Turning to the others he holds up a cautioning hand and speaks in a low tone, "Let us not ruin the work of our scout but remain within reach to lend aid if needed."

OOC: I would advise we give Eilkhan about five feet of space to do her work before we all move forward. from that range Ahi can also be scanning the tunnel ahead and can call out if he sees something amiss.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm 
Jester

Ahi nods at the Paladin. He is unarmored so much the better, he'll follow behind Eilkhan scanning the way with his spell and keeping his eyes open for other dangers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:36 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Closely followed by Ahi, Eilkhan starts moving down the corridor to the right, carefully searching the whole area as she does so, while the cleric's find traps spell serves as an additional safety measure.

But then disaster strikes again, and unexpected at that. The moment that Kherim starts following them, another pit trap opens up beneath his feet, although nothing happened when Ahi and Eilkhan went over it and the cleric's spell also didn't detect anything here!

The bottom of this pit holds upright iron spears as did the one before, but Kherim's armor protects him from the worst. Only one spear wounds him on his right arm while he crashes to the pit's bottom, some 40' below.

OOC: Total damage is 22.

Sol, who was very close to falling into the pit as well, sees the moaning paladin on the pit's floor, but he can also see another inscription, about halfway down the opposite wall of the pit, approximately 20' below the edge. It looks like some strange hieroglyphic writing in red and black, but nothing happens as he notices it - unlike with the first pit.

Attachments:
Rahotep's Tomb.JPG
Rahotep's Tomb.JPG [ 203.97 KiB | Viewed 2070 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:02 am 
Squire

Kherim groans as he lays in an odd position amongst the iron spears protruding upwards. Turning his head, he is able to see that while most of the spear-tips were turned by his mail, one bloody spear-head emerges from his right arm where it appears to have ran through the paladin's bicep. Gritting his teeth against what is about to wash over him, he slowly, painfully, lifts his arm off of the piercing spike then takes a moment to take in great heaving breaths and bleed at the bottom of the pit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:51 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Elmo wants to rush for the pit, but Ivid holds him back.

"Take your bow, check the tunnels! - Anyone got a rope, comrades!"

- "Kherim! Don't worry, we're coming for you!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:53 pm 
Jester

Ahi curses the evil one again and looks to Gaderon. "How best can we get Kherim up here quickly to heal him?" Ahi will wait on Kherim to see if he is healing himself or requiring healing from Neith.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:55 pm 
Champion of Ezra

"I've got rope here!" Eilkhan removes fifty feet of rope from her bag and hands it to Sol.
"I'm quite light, maybe two or thre of you can lower me down to get Kherim and I can tie him to me. Then we can lift us out? Can someone make us both weightless with some kind of magic? That would be easiest I suppose."

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next