[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - The Hidden Tomb

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Hidden Tomb
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 pm 
Boxed

Sir C, I believe you have misinterpreted my intentions.
My last post was that Kherim would charge, while Ahi would throw the holy water. This is because I was afraid a Flame Strike (via scroll, not memorized spell) cast by Ahi could damage either Sol or Kherim.

So, the intention is to have both warriors ganging on Rahotep at the same time.
Also, I thought more vials had been poured in the waterskin. Since you estimated 3 rounds to do all of them (which were around 20, give or take), I thought the waterskin would be a more potent weapon than 2, say around 6.

It might have been my fault of not explaining well or not asking for details.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:55 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Yes, we had a misunderstanding here in both cases. I'm sorry for that. So let's just assume that Ahi was the one who threw the skin (the problem with the amount of holy water pouring out of a small opening like the one in a wineskin remains though, no matter how many water in there because it doesn't burst. And with a six-second melee round, I can't assume more than three bottles in there - at most).
Kherim has charged, okay. You can provide me with combat rolls for him, but I don't want to completely rewrite the last combat round, so I just any damage that Kherim might inflict on Rahotep. I hope that this solution is okay for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:08 pm 
Boxed

Yes, it's ok.
But at least Kherim is positioned near Rahotep and Sol.

I don't have my sheets now so I will give rolls another time.

For the next round, Ahi will come to heal Sol with a Heal spell, while Kherim will attack with all he's got on Rahotep. (that is, a sword of some kind).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 pm 
Baron of Newgate

Stunned, Sol will step back and allow Kherim to engage Rahotep while he gratefully allows Ahi to heal him before returning to the foray.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm 
Boxed

Kherim attacks with the holy sword.
3 attacks at 1d20+3 (+1 from the sword, +2 from Heroes' Feast and Prayer)
8, 22, 5

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4831251/

Damage: I don't know the damage stats of this sword, Sir C. Kherim has +1 from strength, +1 from spells, and probably +1 from the sword, but I think you said it had special damage against undead.
Also, what is the sword's die?

Ahi heal spell: 2
Sol recovers max hit points minus 2.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4831252/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:18 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Gadheron will use Limited Wish to replicate Kherim's Cure Critical Wounds, on Sol.

The mage grits his teeth while he does it. He doesn't have many spells left.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:41 pm 
Boxed

Rafe, Ahi has healed Sol and left him with with nearly max. Who are you healing? Also, go for a better healing spell if you can replicate anything. Heal is the best you can have.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:54 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Realizing his mistake, Gadheron smiles, grimly, and uses his wishing spell to replicate another kind of magic - one which he thunders against Rahotep, with a cry of rage:

The Holy Word Kherim spoke earlier.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:14 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Round 4

Party initiative: 6
Rahotep initiative: 2

OOC: You guys are really lucky with the initiative in this fight....

Gaderon casts a limited wish, with the result that another holy word booms through the hall. Its effect on Rahotep isn't severe, but your foe seems to be uncertain and falters...

System shock roll for casting limited wish: 72

Using that faltering to his advantage, Kherim swings at Rahotep with the mighty Sword of Anubis that he got from Sol. Still, Rahotep defends bravely, and only one attack breaches his formidable defense.

Chance for a critical hit: 56
Sword of Anubis damage: 8+10

Then, Rahotep hisses in utter pain as something breaks through his chest, cutting through bones, dried flesh and bandages. It's the point of Eilkhan's shortsword after a successful backstabbing attack from the thief.

Provided attack roll from the list: 16
Shortsword damage x5: 25

Finally, Rahotep reacts. He makes a quick sidestep, moving his back to the green pillar to avoid further backstabbing attempts. He then points a bony finger at Kherim and says with a raspy voice: "DIE!"

50% chance for spell failure due to the unholy word: 66

OOC: Kherim needs to make a ST now. He has a total bonus of +5 under the current conditions. Better make it....

At the end of this round, Ahi completes his heal spell on Sol. The warrior will be able to enter combat again in the following round.

Rahotep's Tomb.JPG
Rahotep's Tomb.JPG [ 232.95 KiB | Viewed 1238 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:22 pm 
Boxed

ST for Kherim:

1d20+5 = 20
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4834142/

I hope that is enough :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next