The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:49 pm 
Offline
Champion of Ezra
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Lost in my mind
Eilkhan advances to the makeshift wall, testing it for traps and all around it.

_________________
Pinky: What you want to do tonight, Brain?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky.
Pinky: What's that, Brain?
Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:32 pm 
Offline
The Admin's Gamemaster
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 1556
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Carefully, Eilkhan slips down the short passage. It's extremely tight and narrow here, but her lithe built and excellent dexterity enable her to search the wall for traps without being hindered too much, but she doesn't find anything. There's nothing to be seen that could be an opening mechanism, but Eilkhan notices that the wall is very thin and would likely break easily if she tried to kick it down, although this could involve the danger of her sliding through the opening that she thus makes....


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm 
Offline
Baron of Newgate
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:21 pm
Posts: 1034
Location: Clearwater, Florida, USA
Gaderon hears the suggestion of using a passwall spell and looks up. "I can try a passwall spell first, before we try the polymorph spells. Eilkhan, why don't you back out away from the wall until we can see if there is any danger here."

While he waits for her to get away from the wall "Is there a place where several of you who are good with bows can be in a position to see the wall and what is behind it once I open it?"

_________________
Greg Svenson


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
Champion of Ezra
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Lost in my mind
"Okay, let me move back." Eilkhan moves back so Gaderon can do it.

_________________
Pinky: What you want to do tonight, Brain?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky.
Pinky: What's that, Brain?
Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
Baron of Newgate
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:21 pm
Posts: 1034
Location: Clearwater, Florida, USA
Sol will look for a place where he can be and still see the wall, while allowing as many of the others to be in position to shoot if need be, as well.

_________________
Greg Svenson


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
The Admin's Gamemaster
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 1556
Location: Hamburg, Germany
The narrowness of the tunnel in which you are only allows Gaderon plus one other person to lay down, side by side, at the end of the tunnel, looking down the slope to the flimsy wall about ten feet ahead. The use of bows is absolutely impossible here. Stabbing weapons like spears, or short and handy weapons like daggers, is all that can be wielded under these circumstances.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Baron of Newgate
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:21 pm
Posts: 1034
Location: Clearwater, Florida, USA
In that case, Sol will dig out his magic dagger, but will back out of the tunnel if someone else has a more appropriate weapon.

_________________
Greg Svenson


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am 
Offline
The Admin's Gamemaster
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 1556
Location: Hamburg, Germany
OOC: I'm not sure what' happening now. Will Eilkhan try to kick in the wall, or will Gaderon try it with a passwall spell?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:06 pm 
Offline
Champion of Ezra
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am
Posts: 1028
Location: Lost in my mind
"Someone hold me while I kick the wall in."

Eilkhan braces herself best she can and kicks the wall as hard as she can.

_________________
Pinky: What you want to do tonight, Brain?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky.
Pinky: What's that, Brain?
Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Within the Labyrinth
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 am 
Offline
The Admin's Gamemaster
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 am
Posts: 1556
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Held on her outstretched arms by her comrades, Eilkhan starts kicking at the flimsy wall. After a few forceful kicks, a large part of it breaks free and tumbles down into a hall that lies beyond, creating echoes that hint at the dimension of this chamber.

Peering down below, you see the hall is 30-foot-square, with a 40-foot-high ceiling. The opening through which you peek is about 10 feet from that ceiling. Except for the scar of your penetration and its results on the floor below, the room is plastered smooth and whitewashed. The only notable feature is an archway made of sandstone, 10 feet high and 8 feet wide, set into the right-hand wall near the corner. It is the first such construction you have seen in this place, and appears to be an ancient arch. Through it, a weak reddish glow can be seen, shedding some faint light into the hall near the archway.

OOC: Please see the new map.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits