[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - The Burial Chamber

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Burial Chamber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:24 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

The mortar is old and dry, and removing it and the crumbling bricks is an easy work for Eilkhan. After about three turns, she has now opened a hole in the brick wall, large enough for one person to pass through. Behind it lies an unlit staircase, leading downward in a steep 30° angle towards a stone door.

Attachments:
Rahotep's Tomb.JPG
Rahotep's Tomb.JPG [ 232.62 KiB | Viewed 1787 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:59 pm 
Squire

Kherim Shah thrusts his torch towards the hole and peers down the stairs into the darkness. Then stepping back, the paladin looks to Eilkhan, "Perhaps you are best suited to scout ahead and see what lies at the base of this stair."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm 
Baron of Newgate

Sol offers "If you would like, Eilkhan, I could follow you down to offer some extra protection while you work."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 pm 
Jester

"I have activated the powers of my Talisman, and can see what might otherwise be hidden. I can walk down with you as an augment to your abilities Eilkhan." Ahi offers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 pm 
Champion of Ezra

The woman looks back at the men. "That would be great, fellas. Alright, let's do this." She moves ahead slowly looking here and there on the stairs, walls and ceiling for anything that would be a trap.

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:02 am 
Squire

Kherim pauses a moment then shrugs as all prepare to move through the breech. "I will need my sword arm free, who will carry our torches so that we may see in the dark?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

OOC: I fear that Ahi's amulet isn't active anymore because 4 or 5 turns have passed since he has activated it.

"Let me carry the torch", volunteers Asterion. "Gaderon and I will follow as well. Perhaps Elmo and Ivid will cover our backs?" The lean half-elf then follows Kherim and Gaderon down the stairs.

After going down about half way you hear a sound that seems to fill the whole place, yet is at the same moment a mere whisper in your ear. It is a rasping sussuration of evil that says:

"Four false portals, the fifth way found. That is nine. I am nine as well. So now do I thus curse you for your temerity. You seek me and my secrets and treasure? You shall find it and me in death! Soon now you will join Rahotep, but you will be His slaves."

The voice grates its threat no more, but suddenly you hear a slow, stuttering creak. The door at the bottom of the stairway has swung open. Did a deep shadow merge into the gloom beyond?

At the same moment you all feel an icy tingling of fear along your spines. Eilkhan, who still stands alone in the front, experiences a sensation of nausea, a brief twisting of the guts, a weakness in the knees, as if some plague passed briefly through her body.

OOC: Eilkhan please make ST vs magic with a -5 on the roll due to the power of the curse.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:07 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:44 pm 
Squire

Moving after the thief, Kherim draws his scimitar and peers down the dark stair over the rim of his shield as he steps downwards. His eyes narrow as he sees the door at the base of the stair begin to open, "Courage my friends, courage!"

OOC: Eilkhan should be within the effect of Kherim's Protection from Evil Aura if that means anything

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next