[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - Characters...

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Characters...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 am 
Owns a White Box!
 WWW  Profile

i call dibs on the FIGHTER (Dwarf) and PRIEST (human).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:58 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Thinking again, for this game, I'd like to take my trademark Greyhawk character again, Ivid the Bowman (human ranger); as a sidekick, I would like to choose Raoul, the Boy Genius (a human sage)!

Last edited by Rafael on Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 am 
Champion of Ezra

Ah of course that'll leave me with a roguish type mwahahahahah!!!! And mage too! Of course combining both is neat tho I rather play one of each. A nice evil roguish type yeah!

So again Sir Clarence what edition are we using and check your pm ;)

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:01 am 
Owns a White Box!
 WWW  Profile

somewhere he wrote ad&d 1e.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:08 am 
Fear me, I am Admin!

> Which tarlyn probably doesn't know, right? :)

- That'd be a thief in the old terms. You might want to check here for some info on 1e:

http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/osric/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Sorry for the lengthy silence.  I am a bit busy the next days and can't login as often as I wish to, so please don't be anxious and bear with me.  I promise to login as often as I can manage, okay? :)

First off:  We have two more players!  These are Jim (from Florida) and Mark (from the UK, also known as SoundouttheGalleon for those of you who also frequent DF).  I'll post them the link to the board right after this.

As to the edition:  Let's play 1E, okay?  It's the system I'm most familiar with and it's also more appropriate for our game than 2E.

As to the characters:  I think we should wait with this until Jim and Mark have joined us.  Basically I don't mind which character types you want to play, but we should have an eye towards alignment.  I'm saying this because tarlyn has already expressed interest in playing an assassin, which is fine by me but which makes rangers and paladins impossible.  Also, the type of adventure that we're about to play might influence character class decisions but, as I said, I'd like to wait with telling you more until we're complete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 pm 
Tenderfoot
 YIM  Profile

Hello all!   :tchin:

What characters are available for pick?  I enjoy playing dwarven fighters, or Human Magic users the best.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:20 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

If anyone wants to play two characters, that's fine with me, but please keep in mind that the more characters we have, the longer especially combat will take.  Rafe already knows this from our PBEM game... ;)

Let's see.  Up to now we have:

tarlyn:  Thief or Magic User (or perhaps both)
Rafe:  Ranger (sages aren't character classes in 1E, sorry)
Glgnfz:  Dwarven fighter or human cleric
Jim:  Dwarven fighter or human magic user

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:38 pm 
Champion of Ezra

I could play a thief/mage as at those levels it's interesting ;)

I do own the 1st Ed PHB from 1978 so I can use that to create me p.c

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:00 pm 
Eyed Suspiciously

Hiya guys - thanks to SirClarence for inviting me!

I'll play anything, pretty much - I think I'll see what everyone else before me makes first and then decide...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next