[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Wayfarer's Inn • View topic - The Tomb Entrance

The Wayfarer's Inn

Rafe's Place
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: The Tomb Entrance
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:22 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

The ledge you're looking up to is about 40' above your heads.  The ravine is very narrow here, only about 100' at its greatest width, and in most places only 40'-50'.  The walls are sheer and go straight upwards, with only very few and little handholds for a good climber.  Most of the Gorge of Osiris is a dry and barren place, and the same is true for this small canyon.  Rocks and debris, dust and dried grasses is all that can be seen here.

It is late afternoon and the ravine is already in deep shadows which makes for far more comfortable temperatures than in the outlying desert.  Warm gusts of wind blow through it from time to time, causing stirs in the ubiquitous dust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:24 pm 
Champion of Ezra

OOC: I am trying to picture exactly where we are in conjunction to the entrance, Sir Clarence. We have to climb up to a perilous ledge to get in?. This is what I'll post. If that is not so I can always edit! Gotta love tha edit feature.!

Eilkhan will take a few moments to look around and take her time gauging the best way to get to the entrance of the Temple. Once satisfied she has thought of every avenue available to the party, she returns to them and gives them her opinion.

"That's not an easy climb, even for one experienced such as I. But I do think I can make it up to the ledge, then get a rope down to you and pull you up. Perhaps our mage can get us up there in an easier fashion, otherwise I am willing to take the treacherous climb and then as I said, get a rope down to you." She stops and waits for the group's thoughts.

Brain: Try to take over the world, Pinky!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:47 pm 
The Admin's Gamemaster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 pm 
Eyed Suspiciously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:25 pm 
Champion of Ezra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:06 am 
Eyed Suspiciously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:21 am 
The Admin's Gamemaster

One by one you climb Asterion's magical ladder up to the narrow ledge.  At the moment that Gaderon as the last member of your group attains the ledge, something strange happens.  The solid stone of the cliff vanishes, and you see an entryway, flanked by two painted and gilded pillars.  The space is 20 feet wide at the outer face of the rock, tapering to 10 feet.  A smooth, painted slab of granite stands there, 8 feet in from the plane of the cliff.  The stone is covered with hieroglyphic writings, and a cartouche of some sort stands out in the center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 pm 
Champion of Ezra

OOC:OKay so I am trying to Find And Remove Traps as well as Read Languages on the heiroglyphics, Sir Clarence.
P.S - see what Find and remove traps initials are? Thats one of the oldest D&D jokes!!! Of course only D&D geeks would think of that! Think of playing at 12 years old and telling your dm "Hey Im farting on the door" bringing loads of giggles and laughter.  :tchin:  :tchin:   :pirate:

Eilkhan looks at the others. "I wouldn't mind using my usual talents and look for any traps or snares. Maybe one of the spellcasters could detect magic first? I'd also like to try my hand at reading these heiroglyphics  if I can."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:19 pm 
Squire

OOC: Would any of the hieroglyphs be familiar as religious writing?  Kherim has fairly extensive clerical knowledge.

IC:
Kherim Shah examines the hieroglyphics upon the slab as he grips the hilt of his sword, the paladin seems to take a moment to search his memory for anything remotely similiar he may have come across in his studies of holy writings.

In his deep voice he speaks to Eilkhan, "Let us see if your skills (he speaks this word with disdain) can open the portal then."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:38 pm 
Fear me, I am Admin!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next