Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Week 2016
Posted at Havard's Blackmoor Blog:

[Image: 29918259865_e40d2465cb.jpg]

For many years now, fans all over the world have been celebratingDave Arneson Game Day on October 1st, Dave Arneson's birthday. Some fans have been expanding this tradition to include the week leading up to October 1st as well, referring to that whole week as Blackmoor Week.

I think this is a wonderful idea and this year I will be embracing this growing tradition. Better still, this is a world wide event so all of you can join in as well! There are many ways you can take part in Blackmoor Week and it doesn't have to be all that complicated. This is all about celebrating Dave Arneson, Blackmoor, Dungeons & Dragons and gaming in general. So, do you want to write blog or forum articles, run games, make drawings, paintings or other art or find other ways to celebrate your love for gaming, that is awesome.

But make sure you share those things with us. Post about what you are doing in the comments here, over at the Comeback Inn or any of the other associated websites. I will add links to all the websites and events here on my blog so that we can share in the fun! This week, I have some special surprises in store for you guys as well, but those will have to wait a few days.

What will you be doing for Blackmoor Week this year and where can we learn more about it?

Also, if you post about your Blackmoor Week activities online, please link back to this place so that we can all share in the fun! Smile

Related Links:

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
A whole week?? :mrgreen:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
I didn't know that Blackmoor Week was a thing, until today, but it looks like The Piazza will be joining The Comeback Inn to do Blackmoor Week.

I'm no Blackmoor expert, but I've thought of something I can try to do this week. The Book-House at The Piazza has a Blackmoor section, that is supposed to link to every known Blackmoor resource that supports every Blackmoor product. Right now, only the DA products are up there.

I'm going to try to add some of the other products.

I doubt I can get through anything as complicated as the MMRPG product line, but if I can get a few added every day, it will hopefully make it easier for people to find reviews and fan enhancements.
That is great news Big Mac!

Here's my post for Blackmoor Week Day One

Also, check out this thread for last year's Dave Arneson Day.

And visit this thread for Chirine's thread on Dave Arneson Gameday 2016 at The Source.

Have I missed anything? Smile

-Havard
Mark Craddock has an article on Blackmoor Cyborgs on his blog for Blackmoor Week: http://www.crossplanes.com/2016/09/dnd- ... onday.html

8)

-Havard
I'm not really doing anything, this year. But there are strong rumors, persisting that I will do something next year. Wink

Also, that the Meleon campaign has its own anniversary on October 1st might just be a lucky coincidence... But really isn't. Didn't plan it, but when it fell this way, I thought it was a pretty cool thing to happen. Smile
Blackmoor Week Day Two!

-Havard
The Spelljammer Crowd just joined in with Blackmoorspace Week. 8)

-Havard
Saturday, if nothing unexpected happens, I will run for the first time (i.e. playtest...) "The mysteries of Cootswatch docks", a one-off investigation-adventure in a "modern" Blackmoor setting (technology level and general society will be relatively similar to Europe between the World Wars). Quite a Lovecraftian one, but in my head the Egg of Coot has always been very Lovecraftian.
I will use a cut-down / adapted version of Advanced Fighting Fighting 2 ruleset.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Saturday, if nothing unexpected happens, I will run for the first time (i.e. playtest...) "The mysteries of Cootswatch docks", a one-off investigation-adventure in a "modern" Blackmoor setting (technology level and general society will be relatively similar to Europe between the World Wars). Quite a Lovecraftian one, but in my head the Egg of Coot has always been very Lovecraftian.
I will use a cut-down / adapted version of Advanced Fighting Fighting 2 ruleset.

Wow, that sounds really interesting!
What else can you share about this setting? Smile

-Havard