The Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Discussion Forum



It is currently Feb 20, 2018 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: May 31, 2011 12:54 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Norway, Europe
This is a pretty curious organization. Given that Skandaharias still raid the cities where the society is active, I could really see this group loosing popularity quickly, especially if the relations with the Skandaharians grows worse. Still, it could be an interesting background for Bards, Wizards or similar characters.

You can download this file here:
http://blackmoor.mystara.us/lostmetaorgs.html

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Jun 03, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Violent Statutory Woman
User avatar

Joined: Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am
Posts: 386
Location: New York
Havard wrote:
This is a pretty curious organization. Given that Skandaharias still raid the cities where the society is active, I could really see this group loosing popularity quickly, especially if the relations with the Skandaharians grows worse.


That was the intent in creating it. :) I expected the group to be viewed as weird eccentrics. Episode 53 opens with a typical group 'meeting'. :)
-Scott

_________________
*Sheridan
Check out some of my latest writing projects: Azagar's Book Of Rituals (http://www.goodman-games.com/4450preview.html) and Girl Friday Advanced Class (http://www.lulu.com/BridgeMix).
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Norway, Europe
Thanks for the excellent input Sheridan! Would this group consider accepting members other than humans?

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Jul 17, 2011 8:11 pm 
Offline
Violent Statutory Woman
User avatar

Joined: Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am
Posts: 386
Location: New York
Havard wrote:
Thanks for the excellent input Sheridan! Would this group consider accepting members other than humans?

-Havard


You need to demonstrate, through genealogical evidence, connections to the Skandaharians. Theoretically, any human of "half-" race creature could be a member.

Of course, medieval genealogies weren't always big on accuracy, so anything's possible... :)

_________________
*Sheridan
Check out some of my latest writing projects: Azagar's Book Of Rituals (http://www.goodman-games.com/4450preview.html) and Girl Friday Advanced Class (http://www.lulu.com/BridgeMix).
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Aug 22, 2011 7:35 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Norway, Europe
With the Skandaharians still being a threat to many parts of the realm, would the group perhaps be viewed with suspicion by some?

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Sep 20, 2012 8:30 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Norway, Europe
Havard wrote:
With the Skandaharians still being a threat to many parts of the realm, would the group perhaps be viewed with suspicion by some?



Following up this idea a bit:

While the Skandaharian Cultural Society to many seem like a group who is mainly interested in singing the songs of the Norsemen and maybe learning a bit about runes and various crafts, it conceals a much darker secret. This group actually works to spread the worship of Hella across Blackmoor and the Duchy of Ten.

What do you think of this twist? :twisted:


-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Oct 12, 2014 6:31 pm 
Offline
Violent Statutory Woman
User avatar

Joined: Jan 25, 2010 9:01 am
Posts: 386
Location: New York
Havard wrote:
Havard wrote:
With the Skandaharians still being a threat to many parts of the realm, would the group perhaps be viewed with suspicion by some?


Following up this idea a bit:

While the Skandaharian Cultural Society to many seem like a group who is mainly interested in singing the songs of the Norsemen and maybe learning a bit about runes and various crafts, it conceals a much darker secret. This group actually works to spread the worship of Hella across Blackmoor and the Duchy of Ten.

What do you think of this twist? :twisted:


Since the genera view of the group would be that they are just weird eccentrics, that seems like it would be the perfect cover... :twisted:

*Sheridan

_________________
*Sheridan
Check out some of my latest writing projects: Azagar's Book Of Rituals (http://www.goodman-games.com/4450preview.html) and Girl Friday Advanced Class (http://www.lulu.com/BridgeMix).
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Oct 14, 2014 9:10 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Norway, Europe
Hi Scott!

Good to see you here again!

sheridan wrote:
Since the genera view of the group would be that they are just weird eccentrics, that seems like it would be the perfect cover... :twisted:


Glad you like my idea!

Of course, not every member needs to be part of this dark conspiracy :)

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Oct 14, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline
Comically Terrible
Comically Terrible
User avatar

Joined: Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm
Posts: 1700
Location: TX, USA
Havard wrote:

Of course, not every member needs to be part of this dark conspiracy :)

-Havard

That's just what they want you to think!

_________________
Rob
Image
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Skandaharian Cultural Society
PostPosted: Nov 27, 2014 4:25 pm 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined: Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm
Posts: 1384
Havard wrote:
Havard wrote:
With the Skandaharians still being a threat to many parts of the realm, would the group perhaps be viewed with suspicion by some?



Following up this idea a bit:

While the Skandaharian Cultural Society to many seem like a group who is mainly interested in singing the songs of the Norsemen and maybe learning a bit about runes and various crafts, it conceals a much darker secret. This group actually works to spread the worship of Hella across Blackmoor and the Duchy of Ten.

What do you think of this twist? :twisted:


-Havard


I suspect that flamboyance and eccentricity maybe fits better to Loki (which I don't remember if and how was portrayed in Blackmoor canon), rather than Hel / Hella...

_________________
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © The Comeback Inn
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group