Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[PrC] Spiked Chargers
The Spiked Charger is a Prestige Class from the Blackmoor Player's Guide. Basically these are warriors who love wearing spiked armor and who learn to make use of these spikes while fighting.

My first reaction to this class was "what does this have to do with Blackmoor?" However, I am as you know an inclusionist and like to see this as a challenge rather than just deciding it should not be included IMC.

What the description of the Spiked Charger misses are interesting suggestions to how to fit this kind of people into the campaign. It is suggested that the PrC is most popular by some classes, and almost never used by others, but that doesnt really give me what I want.

The entry doesnt say anything about race, which is where I think this could begin to get interesting. There are two races that I think could make for likely Spiked Chargers and those are Orcs and Dwarves. Now I have to read up on the Charge attack option in D&D 3.5 as I am worried that Dwarves could suck too much at this due to their small size. If not, it would be cool to make the Spiked Chargers the Blackmoor equivalents of the Battle Ragers.

Any thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I can't find any reason why Dwarves wouldnt make good Spiked Chargers. It could be interesting to make one clan of dwarves known for their Spiked Chargers. The Stormkiller Dwarves perhaps?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign