Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[AiF] Mike Mornard on Adventures in Fantasy
From: http://grognardia.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... ntasy.html

Michael Mornard Wrote:Well, James is right... AIF is pretty much what Dave thought D&D should have been (and pretty much WAS the way he ran it).

And TSR didn't "suppress" it. It just never really caught on.

Old Geezer, RPGnet

Pretty interesting, especially in light of the release of Dragons at Dawn...

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Very true; I think you posted my later post on this, as I had a short comment on AiF.

It was a good game, really, but suffered from the historical miniatures bent that just about all the folks at AGI had. One of my first jobs for Dave was sticking AGI labels on the Excalibur (spelling?) boxes so we could take them off to the first Gen Con that AGI did.
chirine ba kal Wrote:Very true; I think you posted my later post on this, as I had a short comment on AiF.

It was a good game, really, but suffered from the historical miniatures bent that just about all the folks at AGI had. One of my first jobs for Dave was sticking AGI labels on the Excalibur (spelling?) boxes so we could take them off to the first Gen Con that AGI did.

Hehe, that's pretty funny about those AGI stickers! That's how small businesses do it I guess! Smile

What I've seen of AiF makes it seem quite interesting. Of course, competing with TSR on the Fantasy RPG market would have been hard even back then.

Havard
Moved to the Rules Forum.

-Havard