** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign (v4) 2017/01/05 - Ooooh Shiny
PostPosted: Jan 10, 2017 10:57 pm 
Lord
Lord

Games are on Thursday night sometime after 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

This time I ordered a Meat Lover's pizza and told them to hold the Pepperoni and substitute something else due to a Player requirement. Then I learned later, one of my other Players likes Pepperoni only. Now I have two opposing pizza factions.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

From last week: The Party found itself in a sunken depression surrounded by ruins in an oval area about 350' by 450' in size. (Grid squares were also 50 feet.) The area also had a high ceiling. Think of the original Star Trek episode "For the World is Hollow and I have Touched the Sky"

So the party went about exploring. Aerys went flying about to see what she could see, but there was no mountain and she wasn't a bear. But there were some large ruins.

First thing she saw was a Gray Ooze mucking about towards the party. Since Gray Oozes only have a movement rate of one, the party easily avoided it. As a matter of fact the Party decided they could easily use it for waste and defecation disposal as long as they kept their distance. Of course it would also put a damper on their rest periods, since the darn thing would easily continue to catch up.

Next Aerys saw some large outcroppings that turned out to be more ruins. She moved at an 18 movement rate and the party moved at a 6, so she kept scouting ahead.

Finally in the party's meanderings Aerys spotted something "shiny" in the doorway of yet another ruin on a small landing with steps leading up to it under a cliff. Sort of like the Arizona Cliff dwellers but more like a single Cliff Dweller who got divorced and had to live elsewhere. It was on the edge of the plain, where the sky curved down to meet the ground. Aerys waited for the party to catch up.

When they arrived they found the stair way blocked by a single Ochre Jelly, which they lured away, ostensibly towards the Gray Ooze.

When I mentioned the shiny thing in the ruin's doorway, the party as a whole spoke up at once saying "We're getting it." I had to stop them by telling them "No,they all can't go get it at once. I need a marching order. Who is going in first?" (Since after all the whole thing was a Dopplemeister and the first person in was going to get "eaten".) They didn't exactly know this, so they sent in Elefus, the party's M1A1 Armored Tank.

On queue the monster bit down on Elefus, which was probably a bit more than he could chew. Elefus eventually killed it, the first blow being an internal shot from his Hand Blaster. Eventually using his Mace to knock its teeth out from inside. Other Party members also participated. Grok (the party's low level Battlemage) learned a new trick. He discovered he could get beaucoup Honor points by entering battle sans Armor. As Battlemages are the only mage subclass that gets to wear it, AND Grok was in the Dishonorable category since he started, he was able to get out of it in three short battles.

The shiny thing was one of 5K silver pieces the monster used as bait. Which of course the party gleaned from the carcass, before the Jelly and Ooze could get to it.

The next item on the agenda was around the a curve in the cliff, and another enclosed space, inside was a rubble strewn park. Having learned their lesson the Party stabbed the entrance to make sure it was made of real rock. Wherein the Party found a large circle symbol which was a gate to another Nexus. They decided to save that knowledge, for later.

Turning to the right and following the sky wall, they came upon another platform where dwelt a pair of low level Demons, actually sub-Demons called Nathraak. They're so low on the Demon pecking order, other Demons just push them around. Elefus easily sent them packing, but Grok got his Honor points just by throwing a knife and missing. More treasure was found for the Party's stash.

Next item on the agenda was a Formorian Giant who had just moved in and took residence on another platform of ruins above the plain. Elefus did most of the damage and Jacko performed a coup-de-gras. Grok also got his last dig in and got himself back into normal Honor. Again, more treasure was found for their stash. It was even well-packed in boxes bu Existential Evil Moving and Storage.

Lastly they made their way to one more cavernous entrance above the plain. Showing up first, Aerys espied another shiny object in the back. So she waited for the party to once again, meet up.

Jacko went first to inspect the cavern. He was so intensely stabbing the wall with his knife to make sure it wasn't alive he wasn't aware of the attack by the Greater Basilisk. At least he wasn't looking at it when it attacked.

Technically Jacko died, failing his his saving throw versus the creature's bad breath. But he played a Mulligan card and got a re-roll on that save. (I counter-played a card that gave him no Experience Points for the session.) Anyway Elefus later came clanking up and together they finished it off.

Next they were faced with two choices Go for the shiny object Aerys saw or go for the rest of the dead Basilisk's treasure.

Jacko made a beeline for the shiny object at the other end of the cavern.

(Meanwhile I asked for "Places please." Players usually get the hint something is about to happen when I need to know their exact places on the map.)

Jacko's visual inspection confirmed, that Yes! It was one of the four gems that fit onto the Orb of Abyssal Death. Then he reached to pick it up. As soon as he touched it, poof! He was gone.

Now Jacko wasn't dead, he simply was transported/gated/translated/teleported elsewhere. However I had to hand his Player notes to describe his situation separately.

Meanwhile back at the dead Basilisk, more treasure was found for the party's stash.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PART 2.

CHARACTERS
Grok the Dwarf, a third level Doughboy (Battlemage subclass).
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Probe (an Infiltrator, Thief subclass).
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Larcenist (Thief class).
Count Elefus, a human Abbot of Heimdall (Cleric class).
Baronet Huang - a Master of the North Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, (Monk class).

NPCs:
Baronetess Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)
Gnomex, a Gnome Brother of Geardal Ironhand (Cleric class.)
Sum Dum Gai - Brother of the Winds (Monk, Fighter subclass).
Gangnam Bang Mi - Sister of the Winds (Monk, Fighter subclass).
Sum Ting Wong - SheMale Brother/Sister of the Winds (Monk, fighter subclass).
Tanzen - a Fae-Born first level Pinger. (Fist level Invoker, a Magic User subclass).
Vixine Numar, a human Servant (a Chosen One, Cleric subclass). Recently raised a level.

MISSING or CAPTURED CHARACTERS (PCs or NPCs)
Gargoyle (Elefus henchperson, demoted from Sidekick, out of town on business, acting as courier to BlackMoor).
Numrendir - a human Conjurist (a Conjuror, Magic User subclass) - Gone off to BlackMoor to check his Investment Account.
Junkbot Jackson - a human Tracker/Adept (a Ranger, Fighter subclass and Cleric).
Gerry Castagere, human Fingersmith, (Thief class) and ever loving devotee of Elefus.
Fundisha - a half-Elf Swordsperson/Tout (Fighter and Infiltrator, a Thief subclass).
Sir Weasel, human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (Thief, Magic User, & Fighter classes) he stayed back in BlackMoor.
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (a Bounty Hunter, Fighter subclass) Left behind at Catan.

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on three forums, and a blog.
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/forumdis ... ster-Tales
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/

NNNN