** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Apr 23, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor Campaign 2016/07/14
PostPosted: Jul 19, 2016 6:44 pm 
Lord
Lord

Games are now on Thursday night sometime after 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

We had a large philly-cheesesteak and cheese pizza. This was the first night moving to Thursday and the restarant crew was a different crew than what I was accustomed. So I walked in an asked for a "philly-steak & cheese" and waited an unusual wait because they were really busy. While watching, I noticed they were not building a steak and cheese pizza, and instead they put steak and cheese on a big sliced loaf of bread and put it in the small oven. I had to interrupt saying, "By the way I didn't say what size pizza that steak and cheese was." After an extra hiatus, I got what I wanted of course.

Looking for persons to Play the NPC encounters in this scenario. No pressure, no character building just the willingness to use your power and influence.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

It has been a few weeks due to interruptions, but the party moved on. They decided to wait fully until raising levels before encouraging any more encounters. Since Elefus was with the party they needed a "cover story" to hide the fact they were camping out in the reestablished Thieves Guild. So they resurrected the "Feed Store" front, although strangely there were never any customers nor feed to sell.

During their "off time" from three weeks of training, (the Monks only needed two weeks), various party members decided to "stake out" the brothel and noted various personages frequenting the establishment. Notably: The Blacksmith's Apprentice, the Owner of the Broken Mug Tavern and one of her server (at different times of course), the Bards from Drek's Tavern, Fred the Innkeeper, the owner of the General Provisions outlet, old lady Frieda the soothsayer, Kip the stablehand, and The Weaponsmith.

Three weeks later...

Having leveled up, Jacko and Gnomex kidnapped the Kip the stablehand and held him for using enhanced interrogation techniques. (Since this is a medieval setting, as enhanced as "get medieval on your ... " can get.) Kip reveals his life story about being an orphan, once just happy he had a job at the stable, now wants to move on. Said he got a second job with a promise of promotion if all he did was spy on the Stablemaster and report back to Madam Velona of the Brothel.

They sent back Kip back to the brothel with a message, to meet with Velona on neutral ground.

Kip returns with Velona's offer to meet the Party at the Market and Boatmen's Tavern, a.k.a. The Blue Oyster Bar at 10AM the next day.

So Jack, Aerys, and Gnomex waited at the bar, and at the appointed time the most voluptuous woman enters wearing a black dress slit up to the thighs and the neckline at the appropriate places. Meanwhile, the regular patrons take no notice. She walks up to the party and asks, "Do you want to do business here or in a booth?" They chose a booth. She turns to the bartender and says "Drinks and the finest meal for all.", and tosses him a sack of coin.

Back at the booth, she proffers her story: "My Sisters and I came from a land far far away that was full of magic and beauty that was destroyed by a foul wizard and his brothers."

(Jacko's Player interrupted with a World History skill check to see if he knew of this country. I'll have to get back to him on that.)

She continued with: "Every few years my we move from town to town looking for clues as to the wizard's location. After many decades we have found him here. He calls himself the Mayor, but we think he has polymorphed himself into the Mayor's likeness, as well as his brothers, the other is the Deputy Mayor, the other has become the Mayor's wife." She added: "These evil beings must be stopped. I will give you your heart's desire to help me vanquish him and his kin for I must have justice after all these years."

(One of the Player's interrupted with, "You mean the Mayor is sleeping with his own brother!?, sick!" I had to remind them they were sitting in the Blue Oyster Bar, and just about anything goes in this town and the Mayor's sexual preferences were as yet unknown.)

"Have you any proof, that the Mayor isn't who he says he is?" they asked. "Aside from his funny rock he is trying to pawn off, he seems like an average politician."

She replied with: "Take a look at the house for rent by the waterside. You'll find it owned by the Mayor in the town's records. No one who has ever entered that house has ever come out. It is a dangerous place."

They said "We will check it out, if it turns out as dangerous as you say, we'll get back with her on their heart's desire."

Back at the Theives Guild and Feed Store, they waited until dusk and got the party together and Sendrick the GuildMaster (who had just trained and leveled up the theives in the party). Telling him they just got a "hot tip" there was something worthwhile to go check out this house. Upon arrival they noticed the sign out front that said "For Rent, see Mayor Theron Skragg at City Hall". (I didn't bother with a reading skill check.)

Preparing to go in, they convinced Sendrick to go in first, alone. "We'd like you to show us how it's done.", they said.

So Sendrick, goes up to the porch, looks in the window and sees a golden candlestick on the table in the living room. Checking the door (no traps detected), he finds the front door unlocked. He signals to the party he is going in, uncovering his bullseye lantern he goes in. From the party's angle, they see him in the window walk up to the table with the golden candlestick. Suddenly the window goes black and Sendrick is gone.

After a while one of them goes up to the window, looks in and sees the same candlestick, and two daggers on the floor. Otherwise nothing.

They decide to send in one of Huang's Monk followers, No Tsmo King, who volunteered.

To make this paragraph short, same thing happens to the Monk.

Since the party was closer, they had a better view. So I gave them the hint that they were able to make out that the window went black from both the top and the bottom. Like a pair of closing jaws.

Jacko walked up to the house and took a swing at it.

It bled.

The house tried to take a swing back at Jacko, but he judiciously played a card that allowed him to retreat while the opponent forfeits his free swing.

The party took to using missile weapons on the house until they killed it.

Turned out the house was a Dopple-Meister resting on the foundations of the previous house. Such creatures simply mimic entire buildings waiting for victims to walk in to be eaten. This one formed a false golden candlestick on a false table as bait.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

PART 2.

CHARACTERS (New players on top.)
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Tout.
Blake, a Human Slip.
Vixine Numar, a Marked Human
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Larcenist.
Count Elefus, a Human Male Abbot
Sir Huang - a Master of the North Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, Baron of Catan
Dame Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)

NPCs:
Gnomex, A first level Altar Boy of Geardal Ironhand.
Sum Dum Gai - Male 2nd level Monk (a.k.a. Brother)
Won Hung Lo - Male 2nd level Monk (a.k.a. Brother)
Bang Mi - Female 2nd level Monk (a.k.a. Sister)
No Tsmo King - Female 2nd level Monk (a.k.a. Sister, deceased).

MISSING or CAPTURED CHARACTERS (PCs or NPCs)
Gargoyle (Henchperson, demoted from Sidekick, out of town on business, acting as courier to BlackMoor.)
Numrendir - a Human Conjurist - Gone off to BlackMoor to check his Investment Account
Junkbot Jackson - a Human Tracker/Adept
Gerry Castagere, Human Fingersmith, and ever loving devotee of Elefus
Fundisha - a Half-Elf Swordsperson
Sir Weasel, Human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (he stayed back in BlackMoor)
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (Left behind at Catan)

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on two forums, and a blog:
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/ ... php?fid=13
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/

NNNN