Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Havard's Blackmoor Campaigns Overview
Falconer asked me over at the Piazza to share a little about my Blackmoor campaigns. I thought I might as well post some of that information here as well.

I have run several Blackmoor campaigns now. Here are a few I can think of:

1. Menace from the North ca 1025
This campaign dealt mainly with attacks from Skandaharian Raiders along the coast of Blackmoor.

2. Bloodhounds of Blackmoor ca 1030
In this campaign, the players were part of a mercenary army working to root out the forces of the Temple of the Frog. It involved the destruction of that temple (although St. Stephen escaped with the use of a Boba Fett-style rocket pack. The campaign then moved on to tackling Afridhi incursions from the Duchy of Ten.

2. Tyranny of the False King ca 1040
This campaign was set shortly after the death of King Uther with Sir Fang the Vampire taking over the throne of Blackmoor and turning the realm into a dark tyranny. The campaign involved exploration of sewers below Blackmoor City and eventurally into the Blackmoor Dungeon.

3. The Lost Prince Chronicles ca 1045
This campaign is a sort of sequel to the Saga of the False King, though with a different group (2 players overlap) and new characters. The quest to find Uther's Son took the group through the Dismal Swamp, the Plains of Hak, the lands of the Iron Duke and back again to liberate Blackmoor from a new occupation by the Egg of Coot.

4. Vales of Blackmoor Saga ca 995
This is my first attempt at a PbP. It takes place in the lands west of Blackmoor parallel to the events of Dave Arneson's early campaign as detailed in the FFC. More details on this campaign can be found here.

5. Chronicles of the Last Elves (Unknown Date).
My 5th Edition Campaign tells the story of a group of Woodland creatures on the run from Hordes of Evil. The discovery of an ancient Tome brings a sense of hope to the group.

6. Ivan's Riders (6000+ years into Blackmoor's future. 36 years into Mystara's future)
A group of expert relic hunters begin digging into the past in order to save the future. They will discover that King Uther's Legacy is the key to saving their world.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
-_- What was the name of Uther's son, in your campaign? Smile
Raphael Pinthus Wrote:-_- What was the name of Uther's son, in your campaign? Smile

Since the two of us had several discussions on this subject I thought about using one of the names you suggested, but in the end I ended up naming him Ambrosius Andahar. He is the son of Uther and Rissa Aleford (Larissa IMC). He was kept a secret from the world untill Uther's heroic death in battle against the Afridhi. Prince Ambrosius was raised and trained by Peshwa monks. At this moment in the campaign he has just reclaimed Blackmoor with the aid of a force of 300 dwarf-like Warforged/Constructs created by Uberstar Khazakhum based on Ancients technology.

My non-PbP campaign is currently on hold though as I wanted to run a sci fi game for a while.

-Havard
While my soul bleeds over you not using the name "Mordred", Ambrosius is certainly not a bad choice. Smile

- Yeah, it's lamentable, for I too don't play in Blackmoor all too much, any more. Last outing was the Firewater game, but outside of that, I really run stuff in homebrew stuff - or, also, a lot of contemporary horror. "Kingdom of Nothing" is a killer game. :twisted:
Well, you had a (virtual) seat at a Blackmoor game at some forum or another... :roll:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
I NEED TO FINISH THAT BOOK, Rob. I NEED TO FINISH THAT BOOK. Big Grin
Adding the latest chapter to my original post:

Havard Wrote:5. Chronicles of the Last Elves (Unknown Date).
My 5th Edition Campaign tells the story of a group of Woodland creatures on the run from Hordes of Evil. The discovery of an ancient Tome brings a sense of hope to the group.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:5. Chronicles of the Last Elves (Unknown Date).

There has been alot more development with this campaign since I wrote this. It has become clear to me that the campaign is set in a very distant future of Blackmoor. As far as the heroes know, the elven race is disappearing from the surface of the planet. Blackmoor is but an ancient memory now, but certain artifacts from that ancient time do show up every so often. Among them a certain book, the Book of Ordana, has been discovered and the group believes that through this book the elven race may once again be restored.

On the other hand, war-mongering followers of Tyhrm (see the DAB Sourcebook), are also looking for this book, as they know that the book can be used for destruction as well as for bringing life.

I like how this campaign has developed. Rather than me making up the framework from the beginning, I gave the players free reigns in what they wanted to play and asked them to come up with a backstory and reasons for why they knew eachother. So in that sense I did not really know where and what the campaign was to be about, although with every session we play it becomes more clear to me how it fits into the timeline. One connection to Blackmoor that I did bring in from the start though was that we used the Blackmoor Gods rather than the 5E ones.

-Havard
Sounds like a nice game!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Sounds like a nice game!

Thanks Yaz! We are enjoying ourselves and learning 5E as we go. New session on Friday! Smile

-Havard