** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 8:01 pm 
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Ok I want everyone to check in and tell me how they're comming. I'm a little curious why noone's posted any character sheets yet. Just so you know everyone that applied for a character was approved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 8:03 pm 
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Once everyone's got their character sheets up then I'll post the opening sequence and we can get started with the biggest game you've ever played!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 8:05 pm 
Serf
Serf

I just lately found a character sheet to use as a model. I'll be posting a character sheet later tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 11, 2007 10:43 pm 
Serf
Serf

The first post to the Character Sheet thread was just a test to see if I could do it. I thought I could delete it but it turns out I can't.

I filled out the sheet as best I could. Do you allow switching abilities? I'd like to switch my 17 in Dexterity with my 9 in Wisdom so I can cast some Ranger spells (are those any good btw?). I don't have a price list for 3rd edition, but I could use the price list in my D&D Cyclopedia if you want.

Also, I didn't know if 10 points meant to choose 10 skills so I just listed them in the order of preference. I don't know what "Profession" means, which is why I put a (?) next to it. I also read that 3rd edition allows you to choose between two-weapon proficiency or bow proficiency. Does that mean you just get a bonus to the bow or can I not use it if I choose two-weapon proficiency?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 13, 2007 2:37 pm 
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Ok first profession: Profession is a job you did before becoming an adventurer, cook, bowmaker, merchant, etc. I'm giving you 10 free skill points to put into a profession of your choosing.

Second the bow ranger and the two weapon fighting ranger. Yes there are two paths you can choose as a ranger. The differnt paths allow you to get different bonuses for your specialization and if you choose one path of course you can still use the other weapon. Ex: A twf ranger wants to shoot an arrow, just fine. Ex: a bow ranger wants to use two short swords in combat he takes a -4 on his primary hand and a -8 on his off hand, as the twf ranger is given the twf feat at second level so he only takes a -2 on both attacks. At lvl 6 he gets improved twf which allows him to swing both swords twice giving him a total of four attacks taking pelaties as follows: -2,-2,-4, -6 this is assuming that you are using a light weapon in your off hand, ie shortsword. So you can weild a long sword in your primary hand and a short sword in your off hand. You could wield two long swords but they are not light weapons and I wouldn't reccomend it even with the twf feat. What the bow ranger gets are archerey feats ie point blank shot at level 2 which gives you a +2 bonus when firing at a target within 30ft and at 6th level precise shot which negates the -8 penalty when firing into melee combat. Either way they both have excelent qualities. I myself prefer to take the twf path but that's because I like to multiclass as a rouge for sneak attack, the tumble skill and the rouge's high skill points at first level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Dec 14, 2007 3:22 pm 
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Ok everyone who's posted an interest in playing has been accepted congradulations.

From here on out I'll only be checking the game thread regularly. So if you have any questions either PM me or post in the ooc thread in the game. I will occasionally check the other threads, but mainly I'll be checking the demon portal thread.