** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HackMoor 2018/01/18 BlackMoor Dungeon - Down to Level Nine
PostPosted: Feb 22, 2018 12:04 am 
Lord
Lord

Games are (usually) on Thursday nights sometime after 6:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601. (Note I just upped this an hour to reflect reality.)

It has been over 5 weeks since the last session due to illness by me and several Players. What follows is a session that occurred on Jan 18 (I think, if not it was a week later). I hope I remember it correctly.

PART 1.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

On level seven, the Party had just fought some Ghouls and Ghasts (the Ghasts were more problematic as one couldn't be Turned, and paralyzed Huang for a bit. They could have continued on to the next room but they went back the way they came. Going past the stairs they had previously come down they went past a door down another hall, finding another set of stairs going down.

Now on level eight.

Upon arrival they had a long and drawn out fight with some Beast-like men. They killed one but reached an impasse. So rather than continue the fight they hired and healed the survivor by offering a better deal than its current employer, a tribe of Goblins. They also holed up in a storeroom the Beastman led them to, so they were able to catch some Z's and re-memorize some used up spells.

Asking their new guide which way was down, it led them towards yet another set of stairs.

Now on level Nine.

The Beastman informed them sometimes the Goblins raided another large storeroom for foodstuffs nearby and he took them to it. As advertised, they found barrels full of strangely enough, fresh food.

Going south from the room they came to another set of locked double doors. But they were challenged on their approach with a "Who goes there?"

To make a long story short and my memory fails me, they negotiated their way past some guards and became the welcome guests to some cultists for the Temple of the Id. Who were actually quite friendly, notwithstanding the party had to put up with the cultists constant proselytizing. Oh and the cultists forgave them for nicking some of their foodstores.

The party gained little information notwithstanding the Cultists told them this corner of the dungeon was a dead end. And if they didn't mind could they accompany the party on the way out? All they want is to reestablish their lost Temple outside Blackmoor.

Anyway there is more room for negotiation on this that may continue next session.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Grok the Dwarf, a third level WitchRanger (Battlemage subclass of Magic User).
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Fingersmith (Thief class).
Baronet Huang - a Master of the West Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, (Monk class).
Numrendir - a human Conjurist (a Conjuror, Magic User subclass)
Junkbot Jackson - a human Tracker/Friar (a Ranger 5th and Cleric 6th level).

NPCs/Proteges:
Serena 2.0 - First Level Battle Mage Second (a Protege of Jacko).
Baronetess Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)
Gnomex, a Gnome Adept of Geardal Ironhand (Cleric class.)
Tanzen - a Fae-Born first level Exciter. (Fourth level Invoker, a Magic User subclass).
Fundisha - a half-Elf Swordsperson/Tout (Fighter and Infiltrator, a Thief subclass).

CAPTURED CHARACTERS (both PCs and NPCs)
Gerry Castagere, human Fingersmith, (Thief class) and ever loving devotee of Elefus, abandoned to the Blood Cult in the City of Brass on the Plane of Fire.

MISSING/OFFLNE/RETIRED CHARACTERS
Felipe the Dwarf, a third level Sigil (Chosen One subclass of Cleric).
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Master Espion (Infiltrator, subclass of Thief).
Sir Weasel, human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (Thief, Magic User, & Fighter classes) he stayed back in BlackMoor.
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (a Bounty Hunter, Fighter subclass) Left behind at Catan.

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on three forums, and a blog.
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/f...php?fid=13
http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/forumdisp...ster-Tales
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/

NNNN