** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tracy's HackMoor 2017/10/08 Rescue From the City of Brass
PostPosted: Oct 10, 2017 11:32 pm 
Lord
Lord

Games are (usually) on Thursday nights sometime after 5:30PM at World's Best Comics, 9714 Warwick Blvd Newport News, Virginia 23601.

Once again last week's pizza we we had a Philly Steak with fresh Mozzarella (no other meats).

Because my Player's finished this session early, next session will be another board game night. I need time to plan player options. By the way, the previous board game was "Ticket To Ride". I may run this again on Thursday.

PART 1.

++++ SYNOPSIS ++++

Several years ago in Player time the characters Junkbot, Fundisha, and Gerry had been kidnapped by some Efreet (a type of Genie) who were, enacting revenge for an even earlier event some Player years before that. You may have seen the listed at the bottom of these summaries for as many years as they have been kidnapped.

The current adventure is the Party's attempt to rescue them.

++++ START OF SESSION ++++

Having previously determined from the Hall of Transgressors, that prisoners are sent two only two places either into slavery with the Blood Cult, or cast into "The Rift", which is a tear in the elemental fabric of the Plane of Fire created during the Wars of Ice and Fire thousands of years ago.

[GM's note regarding the Wars of Ice and Fire, the City of Brass module was published in 2003 from material on hold since 1988, well before Game of Thrones became a TV series. Although I can see how the terminology crept in from the first published 1996 "Game of Thrones" during development.]

Since "The Rift" was 200 miles away and 400 miles long and 40 miles wide, the party opted to look in the Temple of the Blood Cult first.

So this put characters resuming play, acting innocent at the Temple of the Blood Cult, asking innocuous questions. Seeking more direct information, they were directed towards the Temple's "Information Booth". Where they found as with anything else in the City of Brass, anything can be had "for a price".

That price being anything of gold, platinum, or "better", (usually gems). Though barter works too. Since the City of Brass has a strict sales tax, barter is often easier. For a price untold, (I technically debited a Character's spreadsheet some gems, but I don't remember what gems I debited. It's all good.)

Anyway they found Fundisha was had become in fact one of the breeding slaves the Blood Cult uses to make Half Trolls. Her services could also be had, "for a price". Since she was the object of Huang's rescue attempt. He paid the appropriate fee and was directed to a second level room. Once there Huang found her shackled to the wall, barefoot and of course, pregnant.

It was about this time Jacko's character "remembered" he had a "Mirror of Mental Prowess" allowing him to to scry just about anywhere and transport to and thither. So, growing tired of "scrying" all the other slave rooms in the temple, Jacko returned to scrying the room with Huang and Fundisha and easily unshacked her and led them back through the Mirror.

One goal achieved, Fundisha rescued.

The second goal was to rescue Junkbot who having no useful breeding ability to create Half Trolls for the Blood Cult was cast into The Rift. Again using the mirror, this was rather easy. Fundisha knew Junkbot's mind, "scryed" his location and the Party went through the mirror and rescued him also.

The only doubt in my mind was as to what was Junkbot's situation upon rescue? As GM, I postulated three choices; a) he was dead, b) he had barely managed to survive, or c) he became a leader in The Rift and had grown a full blown army to rescue Fundisha on his own.

I chose "b". I elaborated a bit that Junkbot had managed to lay out an "SOS", among the rocks.

Well the Party, having rescued two out of three, used the Mirror again to travel back to Blackmoor, or Noob, or whatever they could recall. Alas for poor Gerry Castagere, the Party completely forgot about her. She'll have to carry on with the Blood Cult's Half Troll breeding program.

++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++

BT

BBBB

PART 2.

++++ CHARACTER ROSTER ++++

CHARACTERS
Felipe the Dwarf, a third level Sigil (Chosen One subclass of Cleric).
Grok the Dwarf, a third level Doughboy (Battlemage subclass of Magic User).
Jacko, an Albino Dork Elf, a Infiltrator (subclass of Thief).
Aerys, an Elvariel, a Fingersmith (Thief class).
Baronet Huang - a Master of the West Wind of the Stone Tiger Order, (Monk class).
Numrendir - a human Conjurist (a Conjuror, Magic User subclass)
D'Vine - A Druid Intiate of the 8th Circle
Junkbot Jackson - a human Tracker/Adept (a Ranger, Fighter subclass and Cleric).

NPCs:
Count Elefus, a human Abbot of Heimdall (Cleric class). RETIRED
Baronetess Honda - a Human Datai Samurai, Steward of Catan (formerly Temple of the Frog)
Gnomex, a Gnome Brother of Geardal Ironhand (Cleric class.)
Tanzen - a Fae-Born first level Exciter. (Fourth level Invoker, a Magic User subclass).
Six Icosahedrones. (27B-stroke-6 contractors)
Fundisha - a half-Elf Swordsperson/Tout (Fighter and Infiltrator, a Thief subclass).

CAPTURED CHARACTERS (both PCs and NPCs)
Gerry Castagere, human Fingersmith, (Thief class) and ever loving devotee of Elefus, abandoned to the Blood Cult in the City of Brass on the Plane of Fire.

MISSING CHARACTERS
Sir Weasel, human Guild Soldier, Warlock, & Champion (Thief, Magic User, & Fighter classes) he stayed back in BlackMoor.
- and nine Pilgrim henchmen of various levels. (They wear hoodies.)
Slade Wilson - Dwarven Professional (a Bounty Hunter, Fighter subclass) Left behind at Catan.

BT

BBBB

++++ RECORD KEEPING ++++

PART 3.

This is also posted on three forums, and a blog.
viewforum.php?f=76
http://www.furiouslyeclectic.com/forum/f...php?fid=13
http://www.kenzerco.com/forums/forumdisp...ster-Tales
http://furiouslyeclectic.com/hackmoor/

NNNN