** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: [MY] Mystara BC2300 Campaign Setting (Download)
PostPosted: Dec 27, 2011 4:53 pm 
Freeholder
Freeholder

That worked, thanks!

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2012 1:40 am 
Landed Lord
Landed Lord

Hey folks, it's pretty cool to still see interest in BC 2300 after all this time. I don't frequent these boards as much as I do those at the Piazza, but I'll try and stop by every so often.

As for the contributors on the project I can try to narrow down some specifics. Geoff Gander was responsible for anything related to Mogreth, and also for initial development of the Frontierlands, Corsairs, and the Refuge of the Makers. Havard actually provided the seeds for both the Antalians, and Grondheim. Havard, Andrew, Sheldon, Giulio, and Dave all participated in many of the development threads (both society threads and mapping threads). The ideas for Adhuza were mostly derived from conversations I had with Sharon around 2005. Taymora was a collaboration of many of the above people in addition to some concepts borrowed (and modified) from Giampaolo's earlier Taymoran works (and I see that GP's name is missing - sorry GP, I'll add that in the next revision). RobJN has also been instrumental in sharing his own ideas for the setting and how it might mesh well with his own version (Thorn's Mystara) and his name should be added too. The Shimmering Lands, Intua, Deep Elves, and Urzud were mostly driven by me (though again I had a lot of input from others on all of them).

As far as the actual write ups went I did everything but Mogreth (which Geoff did), and Geoff provided insights and comments on a few others.

The project initially started way back in 2005 with some discussions on the MML about Mystara's past eras (most of which I think can be found on the Vaults). I did a quick overview and a brief write-up on the Shimmering Lands and then let it sit for about 3 or 4 years without any work. It's only been after becoming active in the community again that things started to pick up.

As for future products, there are more coming. I had planned on finishing the Shimmering Lands by the end of 2011, but life got too crazy. I'd like to have that finished by mid 2012. I think Geoff is pretty close to finishing Mogreth as well. After that, it's a tossup as to what comes next. I have ideas I want to explore in Intua, Taymora, and the Frontierlands, so one of those is most likely. And of course if anyone has an interest in contributing to this effort for any of the nations/societies described in the setting, I would encourage them to speak up.

I'd love to hear what folks think of the work that's been done on the setting already. Are there any topics or ideas that you would like to see explored in more detail?

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2012 6:16 am 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

Glad to have you around here for discussing this topic Chimpman! The Great Rain of Fire forum is still fairly new so we still have some work to do in order to make it as active as other parts of the Comeback Inn :)

-Havard