Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Location of Blackmoor and pre-cataclysmic Mystara
Today during lunch break I came across this awesome article in the Vaults of Pandius: http://www.pandius.com/blk_pcat.html

It is not pure canon, but strictly derived from it by Lo Zompatore.
It shows how the Rain of Fire changed the maps Mystara and Blackmoor, including the expansion of Blackmoor and its directives and the colonization of Hyboria and Borean Valley.

Maybe this has been discussed here before in some remote topic that I haven't read yet and there may be some arguable details, but I have to say I really enjoyed this article and the related maps and I wanted to share them with you.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Hey Yaztromo!

Sorry I forgot to respond to this post! Lo Zompatore is little less than a genious and this is truly a beautiful map.

Personally I dont agree with the idea from the Golden Khan of Ethengar that the Ethengar Steppes formed the North Pole during the Blackmoor Era. If one wanted to be consistent with the Gazeteer era products on the specific location of Blackmoor, then Blackmoor would have been located where the Known World is in AC1000.

However, in the Hollow World Boxed Set, this location was revised and Blackmoor was placed on Skothar. My own take on Blackmoor's location and continents therefore follow the Hollow World boxed set with the map as shown here:
http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.no/201 ... orlds.html

Not saying my take is more valid, but there are many reasons why I personally prefer this interpretation.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Moved to the Great Rain of Fire forum.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign