Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Integrating the Wilderlands into Mystara Canon
IMC the Wilderlands Setting exists South-West of Blackmoor on the continent of Skothar. In this thread I will be looking at some of the challenges this presents along with possible sollutions. In my opinion the Wilderlands is ideal for fleshing out the unknown parts of the continent and the Wilderlands really fit well with the atmosphere of Blackmoor, along with having a sort of offical connection through the JG verison of Blackmoor (FFC).

Thoughts at this initial stage?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
What I did was similar, but from the other perspective.

I srarted with Wilderlands. Added First Fantasy Campaign as specified.

As Known World became fleshed out, my interest grew. and when i got the Comebak Inn, I had an official way to link them; time travel.In my campaign, Wilderlands + Blackmoor are Gaz Mystara's past.
IMC I've ran it as two scenarios and one is how you've done it Harvard letting it be the edge of the map unexplored but I've also ran it as a alternate prime and I've even hinted maybe the FSS Beagle was of the Elder Races of the Wilderlands lore except on their way to the planet they crossed through a rift damaging their devices and resulting in the Valley of the Ancients an crashing into the Known World. Though I played it as the ship also had a few other lesser races meant to colonize but on Blackmoor they either died or adapted like the Sandfolk. I've also had Sandfolk be in my Wilderlands game also being natives, sort of Gaia's attempt to make a race to be stronger and they cross through a smaller rift in the Uttermost Wars. I've even linked my own homebrew setting that involved heavy elements of Blackmoor and Wilderlands to be a alternate prime where the Uttermost War resulted in space wreckage falling from the sky and killing most sentient life and leading to a wasteland region influenced heavily by entropy energy immortals.

Though for trying to make the wilderlands lore fit in with the Mystara lore seems difficult in truth, gods seem fine translation, Valley of the Ancients in the Wilderlands was a spot where the Makrab set up shop while in Blackmoor it was the resting place of the FSS Beagle before becoming the source of the Radiance due to alterations done by the Immortals of Energy. Also if I remember right Gaia had a big hand in the birth of the gods but over all the wilderlands lore of over 300 races colonizing but die due to wars over time is a interesting thing to place. The Egg of Coot might be one of those relics of a dead race and there are two frog gods in the Wilderlands so the Temple of the Frogs monks would fit well regardless as well as the many mutant froggies.