** ARCHIVED FORUM - ANY CHANGES ARE REVERTED HOURLY **

It is currently Mar 29, 2024 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [Thonia] The Eastern Marshes Fan Sourcebook (PDF)
PostPosted: Nov 13, 2013 3:34 pm 
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council

What follows is the first booklet detailing the provinces of the Thonian Empire, a realm in the world of Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor. This is my take on the Province known as the Eastern Marshes. While much of it is based on published information from the DA modules and the FFC as well as some ZGG material, the final interpretation is my own. I make no claim for it being any official interpretation. Thanks to Rafael, LoZompatore, Aldarron, James Mishler, Agathokles, RobJN, Cthulhdrew, Greg Svenson and many unnamed members of the Mystara Community and the people of the Comeback Inn Forum for research and ideas that was used in this PDF. This booklet details the Eastern Marshes in the year 1030, the time of the ZGG Blackmoor product line, 5 years after the DA modules.

Introduction
South of the Kingdom of Blackmoor lies the largest empire known to man. It is sometimes referred to as the Republic of Thonia or the Great Kingdom and was founded over 1000 years ago by King Robert of Geneva. The Empire today stretches from the Jungle Realm of Tangor in the South to the Northern Marches in the North. Its current ruler is Emperor Iyx I. Uther’s Rebellion in 1015 NC meant a significant reduction in the size of the Empire, which now consists of ten major Province (The Rand, Bleakwood, Bolgerie, Synobia, Salik, the Western Plains, the Eastern Marches, Mirakos, the Grey Woods and Cirkhosia) as well as the Imperial Province, which is home to Mohacs, the Capital. Each Province is ruled by an Imperial Governor and is made up of 2-3 Duchies. The Duchies are ruled by Dukes who in turn are served by Imperial Wardens (similar to Barons).

Southeast of Blackmoor lies the Thonian Rand. South of the Thonian Rand lies the province known as The Eastern Marshes.

-Havard