Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
A Sexier Temple of the Frog by Monte Cook
Cross-posted from the blog:

Aegir in this thread pointed me in the direction of this stunningly beautiful painting by artist Matthew Stawicki.

Known as Le Temple De Frogue (I don't know French, so I guess it could mean anything Wink ), this fantastic location is part of Monte Cook's latest endevour of Numenera. According to the Numenerea website Le Temple De Frog is located in the Caecilian Jungle. With its many crosses between fantasy and science ficiton, I could have sworn I had brought up Numenera earlier on this blog, but I guess I never got around to it.

Ever since Monte Cook walked away from D&D Next, I have been curious to see what this game designer was up to. Running side projects such as the Unbegotten Citadel with James Raggi (LotFP) and lately the news of the Planescape Torment Computer game Sequel set in Numenera with Colin McComb are all things that sound great in my book!

From the start I thought Numenera had a Blackmoor vibe to it with Automatons and other sci fi references tossed into its fantasy(?) setting, but with the Temple included as well, I know I am going to check it out Smile

Full version here.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The artwork for Numenera really does look awesome so far, and the setting could be really great. As a fan of his last big project (Ptolus), I jumped on the Kickstarter pretty big, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the setting.
Havard Wrote:Cross-posted from the blog:

Full version here.

-Havard

There is something seriously borked about an amphibian with mammary glands, alien life-form or not.
I'll be in my bunk. Tongue
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Check out the cover of the Numenera Core book:

http://www.montecookgames.com/numenera-news/

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
FYI, I preordered the Numenera HC - the Blackmoor reference etc. did not so much sell as that I like
this sort of oddball sci-fi. DERP (think before you lol) had nice books, but wasn't particularly fun to play,
and Dark Sun etc. never really managed to catch my interest.

This one, generally, seems like a good start. Also, I find that I have an odd hate-love relationship to AU and AE. I liked those settings.

So, now that Monte finally seems to fully emancipate himself from other people's IP, I am curious to see what he holds in store for us...
Apologizes, but I figure this is semi-related: theres a new Kickstarter for a spiritual successor to the old CRPG Planescape: Torment, and its based in the Numenera setting. Its called Torment: Tides of Numenera, and the team making it is dominated by people involved in the original Torment computer game.

Its blowing up something crazy, having raised almost 1.5 million in less than 24 hours. If you wanna check it out, the Kickstarter is here.
Here: http://www.rpol.net/display.cgi?gi=4&ti ... 1363528914
There is a guy looking for playtesters for Monte Cook Numenora.
Personally, I'm not sure that I have time for this, but.... I'm very tempted!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.