Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[C&C] Using Castles & Crusades with Blackmoor
C&C and Blackmoor sounds like a perfect match! This idea just appeared in this thread:

FXR Wrote:Thank you for your kind words.

As for rules, I tried to keep things simple, according to the C&C philosophy, but I had to adapt a few things regarding character races.

- Both docrae and halflings are mechanically identical to C&C halflings;
- Cumasti and Westryn elves are mechanically identical to C&C elves;
- High Thonians are treated as C&C humans, except they must choose Charisma, Intelligence or both as prime attributes. They start the game with 5d4x10 extra gold pieces;
- Thonians are treated as C&C humans;
- Peshwah have two Prime attributes (unlike other humans who have three). Like some half-elves, they have an intermediate attribute. They do not suffer the penalty associated with fighting horsemounted and start the game with a steppe charger.[/list

That sounds like a good start. Has anyone else here any experience with C&C?

Any thoughts on what other adjustments may be useful in a Blackmoor Campaign?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. Haven't had a chance to peruse a copy of it.

I LOVE what this guy has done with it, though! :mrgreen:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
C&C is a lot like a blend of 3E with AD&D, so I don't see that running a Blackmoor campaign with C&C rules would be much of a stretch at all.

After all 3E is pretty much the same thing as d20 Blackmoor, which has been done already. And AD&D is mostly a reorganization of OD&D, so "classic D&D" products should fit well also.

I'd say just take parts from all of those existing products and just smoosh 'em all together into a single setting using C&C rules without stressing over big conversions. I bet that's how Dave would have done it.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]