Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Garbage Pits of Despair (1986)
[Image: 29673356110_14a8d137e7.jpg]

This adventure was published in Different Worlds magazine #42 and #43.
The adventure deals with a ring of slavers travelling across Blackmoor and ending up in the dreaded Garbage Pits of Despair, home of Sophie the Dragon. It is possible that Dave Arneson wanted to have this adventure published to provide additional support for the DA modules published at the same time. Or possibly it was leftover material that didn't fit into the final version of the DA modules.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
tbd
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I was talking online recently with Walter Moore, the artist tapped to illustrate that module, and in the course of our conversation I asked about the GPoD art. He said I could share his response with you guys. He said, "The Latin on the knight's chest and sword mean "I came I saw I fled", and "words not deeds". I used to wear my wedding ring on my middle finger because it was too big, that's my hand in the gargoyle attack."
Trivia: the cover artist for Different Worlds #42 (shown above) is James Warhola, who is Andy Warhol's nephew and later wrote a children's book based on his memories of visiting his uncle:

https://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Andys-Faab ... 0142403474

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Warhola
Since Different Worlds 42 isn't in stock anymore, I wonder if there's a scan of the Garbage Pits out there somewhere.
I've got Nr. 43, which seems to be the meat of the adventure and I wouldn't like to spend 50 Dollars on ebay plus 12 Dollars intercontinental postage for a few pages in a magazine that end up just being useless fluff...
If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it deeply.