Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
David Megarry's Blackmoor Dungeon Exploration (was: Jeff Qui
Well this is timely.

Please have a look at this everyone: http://boggswood.blogspot.com/2017/01/th...story.html

Dave Megarry has made available some maps he drew of Blackmoor dungeon circa 1972.

Moderator edit: Split from viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8602
Aldarron Wrote:Well this is timely.

Please have a look at this everyone: http://boggswood.blogspot.com/2017/01/th...story.html

Dave Megarry has made available some maps he drew of Blackmoor dungeon circa 1972.

Wow, this is fantastic! I love how this gives us insight into exactly how the exploration developed. Differences between the player map and the one provided are also quite cool to see. I like your analysis and Megarry's comments to these.

This also quite nicely supplements the information we have on Megarry's Blackmoor characters that you have shared with us earlier.

I am also curious to see how this compares with stories shared with us about the dungeon by Greg and other players?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:.......I am also curious to see how this compares with stories shared with us about the dungeon by Greg and other players?

-Havard

Funny you should say that. 'Long time ago I did a thread on Fin's board trying to figure out where both "Svenny's first adventure" and Bill Paley's alarum and Excursion story actually took place within Blackmoor dungeon. Wasn't too happy with those results though, and we have more info now. Recently I've been taking another stab at it and trying to also guess where they Gygax/Kuntz LG stuff took place and any other stories. Reason being is I'd like to use the descriptions from these stories to help flesh out a "new" key for the dungeon.
Aldarron Wrote:Funny you should say that. 'Long time ago I did a thread on Fin's board trying to figure out where both "Svenny's first adventure" and Bill Paley's alarum and Excursion story actually took place within Blackmoor dungeon. Wasn't too happy with those results though, and we have more info now. Recently I've been taking another stab at it and trying to also guess where they Gygax/Kuntz LG stuff took place and any other stories. Reason being is I'd like to use the descriptions from these stories to help flesh out a "new" key for the dungeon.

I would love to see your updated dungeon key! Smile

Will that include a way to show how the levels stack up as well?

Bill Paley's account of the adventures of Tindell the Cleric is a depressing read, but it does provide a few clues to where the party went. I had forgotten that this adventure involved both Richard Snider and Greg.

They do end up travelling down the Orcian Way at some point. When Tindell got lost from the rest of the party he wandered into a room filled with Goblins.

There are two stores by Greg over at the Archives, a Tale of the Great Svenny and Orc's Bane.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Will that include a way to show how the levels stack up as well?

Hopefully Jeff's new maps will have that all sorted out. Smile But, just for you my viking friend, I posted something on my 'blog about where all the castle hill entrances are located. http://boggswood.blogspot.com/2017/01/ma...ngeon.html

Havard Wrote:..... and Orc's Bane.

-Havard

Thanks for that last link... I had lost track of that one.