Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Dave Arneson Day] Dave Arneson Documentary Trailer Revealed
[Image: 29926385292_2e9a6ce82f.jpg]

Today, October 1st, is Dave Arneson's birthday. As always we celebrate Dave Arneson Day by sharing Blackmoor related material. This year I have something very special to share. The trailer for an upcoming documentary about Dave Arneson has just dropped! The producers became aware that their trailer may have gotten leaked by accident, so they contacted me about doing an official release on my blog to counteract the leak. I suggested that they should release the trailer for Dave's birthday, and they liked that idea. I still have no information about when the movie will be released, but it looks like this is not going to be a Kickstarter project.

Being the huge Blackmoor fan that I am, I am very excited to see what new light this movie will shed on the life of D&D Co-creator Dave Arneson and the role he played in shaping our hobby. This documentary is sure to create some controversy. Dave Arneson deserves a documentary about him and I can't wait to watch it!" I have known about this project for a while as production has been going on for about three years. I am not involved in the project but I did help answer some questions and connect the film makers with some of the people appearing in the documentary.

Find out more details and watch the Trailer here.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I gave it a watch.

Very excited to see it come out!
Designer | Simple Superheroes: The RPG of Infinite Powers and Possibilities | is now in Print!
http://www.ComposeDreamGames.com
Thondor Wrote:I gave it a watch.

Very excited to see it come out!

Glad you liked it!

I am very excited to see this as well.

Can we identify all the people in the footage?

-Havard
Cats out of the bag. Big Grin
A text description for the Secrets of Blackmoor documentary has been released. Read it and my thoughts here: http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.no/201 ... ption.html

-Havard
FYI, the picture in the first post was taken the night we had the Blackmoor reunion game last May at Bob Meyer's house in St. Anthony, MN.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
gsvenson Wrote:FYI, the picture in the first post was taken the night we had the Blackmoor reunion game last May at Bob Meyer's house in St. Anthony, MN.

Thanks for sharing that Greg! I had heard that that was the case. From what I heard the following original players were present at the game: Greg Svenson, Ross Maker. David Wesely, Dave Belfry, Dave Megarry, Ken Shepro and James Lafferiere. Also present at this game were Dave Arneson's daughter Malia Arneson, Kevin McColl, James Gallup etc.

Does this sound right to you?

Also, what do you think of my theory that the Wizard Jallapierie (from DA1) is named after James Lafferiere? Smile

-Havard
That sounds right, although you missed Malia's husband, Luke. And there was one other guy playing, sat between Wesley and Kevin McColl, but I can't remember his name.

I had trouble figuring out who a bunch of the characters in DA1 were, it could have been Jim, sure.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
I was there as well - not playing, but shooting a lot of photos for the archives. People were having heaps of fun! Smile
The players in the picture above, from the left, are:
James Laferriere
Greg Svenson
David Belfry
Eric Carlson
David Megarry
Ross Maker
Ken Shepro
Malia Weinhagen
Luke Weinhagen
Robert Meyer
David Wesely
John Warren
Not in the photo but participating in the game were:
James Gallup III
Kevin McColl
We had so much fun that a couple of the film makers also joined as people had to leave because it was so late.