Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
The Jungle Temple
Source: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=430&start=60

chirine ba kal Wrote:A large bucket of imagination also has a lot to do with it, I think, but that's the way we always gamed; keep in mind that Dave's original monsters were cheap plastic toys and Gertie was a lump of plasticine clay. The dark green Mayan-style temple, for example, is actually a set of cheap (but heavy!) bookends sold to tourists in Mexico along the Mayan coast; Dave gave them to me many years ago, figuring I couldn't do anything too dangerous with them. Unfortunately for him and Harchar, they instantly became scenic items as the Mysterious Lost Temple of the Nameless Ones...

[Image: 5632462550_9e99c8f3e6.jpg]
Jungle Temple by blackmoorfan1, on Flickr

I was just thinking about this, and how it would be interesting to develop a background for this temple within the Blackmoor mythology as well. Seems like something I could tie in with my Jungle Realm. Possibly this could be the Jungle Realm equivalent of the Temple of Id.

Thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I suppose you'll want more detailed photos of the thing, then?

yours, chirine
chirine ba kal Wrote:I suppose you'll want more detailed photos of the thing, then?

yours, chirine

Yes please! Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
chirine ba kal Wrote:I suppose you'll want more detailed photos of the thing, then?

yours, chirine

Yes please! Smile

-Havard

I'll see what I can do.

yours, chirine
Havard Wrote:Thoughts?

-Havard
Well, you absolutely HAVE to have snakes there.

Possibly monkeys as well. Smile

Spiders would probably be overkill - plus, I hate spiders. lol

Would you want it to be a lost temple, or one still very active in shaping local society?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Thoughts?

-Havard
Well, you absolutely HAVE to have snakes there.

Possibly monkeys as well. Smile

Spiders would probably be overkill - plus, I hate spiders. lol

Heh! Indiana Jones inspiration works for me! Smile

Quote:Would you want it to be a lost temple, or one still very active in shaping local society?

Good question. I was thinking about linking it to my Blackmoor Jungle Realm idea. How about a combination? The Temple has been abandoned, but there is a tribe of humans living in fear under its shadow?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:The Temple has been abandoned, but there is a tribe of humans living in fear under its shadow?

-Havard

Post Classic Maya
Aldarron Wrote:Post Classic Maya

Yep. Ethnically, I am thinking these will resemble Africans, but culturally, this would fit perfectly!

-Havard