Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
The Redwood Scar Sequel?
JPQuinn Wrote:I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but redoing these maps is tickling my creative itch again. I just don't know what system I'd even design with any more (well, I wouldn't use 4e).

I think it may be time to scratch that itch... I dunno.

Moderator Edit: Split from Redwood Scar Map thread

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
RobJN Wrote:I don't suppose there's back-cover blurb-age for this beauty?

No back cover blurb yet, but here's what I do have:
  • System: D&D 5e
  • Creatures: gargoyles and giant-kin
  • The temporal scar

Havard Wrote:Are we getting a map of the Dancing Dove as well?
As from what I read, the second floor of the Dancing Dove was a fallen in ruin. So, the common room will have to suffice.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
Oh, my. That cover is absolutely gorgeous.
ANGEL TARRAGON (aka Neko Princex)
Click on my name for my socials.
Moderator Note: I have split this from the Redwood Scar Map thread. Keep both discussions going! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
JPQuinn Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:I don't suppose there's back-cover blurb-age for this beauty?

No back cover blurb yet, but here's what I do have:
  • System: D&D 5e
  • Creatures: gargoyles and giant-kin
  • The temporal scar

This *very* interesting.

First of all: Love the cover!

Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?

I am gradually getting a 5E campaign going so it would work well for me rules-wise too.

If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?

-Havard
The Angelic Dragon Wrote:Oh, my. That cover is absolutely gorgeous.
My sentiments exactly.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Havard Wrote:Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?

No. There's no official information about it any where, except for the map. Elkhorn Island is a small island (roughly 12 miles long from tip to tip, and only about 6 miles wide at its widest point), northwest of the City of Maus in mouth of The Shallows. It falls under the lawful jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Blackmoor, and maintains a garrison on the eastern-most peninsula called Stagsfort.

Havard Wrote:If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?

The Corruption Scar.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer
JPQuinn Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?

No. There's no official information about it any where, except for the map. Elkhorn Island is a small island (roughly 12 miles long from tip to tip, and only about 6 miles wide at its widest point), northwest of the City of Maus in mouth of The Shallows. It falls under the lawful jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Blackmoor, and maintains a garrison on the eastern-most peninsula called Stagsfort.

That's what I thought. This would be a great opportunity to explore this location. Smile

Havard Wrote:If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?

The Corruption Scar.[/quote]

Maybe I have been too immersed in the Avengers movies of late, but I am getting an Infinity Gem wibe from this? Anyway, fascinating stuff!

I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have. Would it send characters to Mystara? 8)

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Maybe I have been too immersed in the Avengers movies of late, but I am getting an Infinity Gem wibe from this? Anyway, fascinating stuff!

I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have. Would it send characters to Mystara? 8)
I suppose only time will tell..... :wink:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Havard Wrote:I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have.

My favorite part of writing this (so far) is digging into the minutia of Blackmoor's history. I am trying to keep things as aligned with the history of Blackmoor, as printed in the 3.5e campaign book.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer