The Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Discussion Forum



It is currently Dec 17, 2017 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: The Redwood Scar Sequel?
PostPosted: May 18, 2015 9:31 pm 
Offline
Freeholder
Freeholder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 55
JPQuinn wrote:
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but redoing these maps is tickling my creative itch again. I just don't know what system I'd even design with any more (well, I wouldn't use 4e).


I think it may be time to scratch that itch... I dunno.

Moderator Edit: Split from Redwood Scar Map thread


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 19, 2015 9:05 am 
Offline
Freeholder
Freeholder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 55
RobJN wrote:
I don't suppose there's back-cover blurb-age for this beauty?


No back cover blurb yet, but here's what I do have:
  • System: D&D 5e
  • Location: Elkhorn Island
  • Creatures: gargoyles and giant-kin
  • The temporal scar

Havard wrote:
Are we getting a map of the Dancing Dove as well?

As from what I read, the second floor of the Dancing Dove was a fallen in ruin. So, the common room will have to suffice.

_________________
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 20, 2015 6:51 am 
Offline
Freeholder
Freeholder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 05, 2010 3:24 pm
Posts: 69
Location: Valley of the Sun (AZ)
Oh, my. That cover is absolutely gorgeous.

_________________
Social Me(dia)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Redwood Scar Sequel?
PostPosted: May 20, 2015 9:10 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6017
Location: Norway, Europe
Moderator Note: I have split this from the Redwood Scar Map thread. Keep both discussions going! :)

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 20, 2015 9:13 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6017
Location: Norway, Europe
JPQuinn wrote:
RobJN wrote:
I don't suppose there's back-cover blurb-age for this beauty?


No back cover blurb yet, but here's what I do have:
  • System: D&D 5e
  • Location: Elkhorn Island
  • Creatures: gargoyles and giant-kin
  • The temporal scar


This *very* interesting.


First of all: Love the cover!

Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?

I am gradually getting a 5E campaign going so it would work well for me rules-wise too.

If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 20, 2015 10:09 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm
Posts: 1684
Location: TX, USA
The Angelic Dragon wrote:
Oh, my. That cover is absolutely gorgeous.

My sentiments exactly.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

_________________
Rob
Image
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 20, 2015 6:31 pm 
Offline
Freeholder
Freeholder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 55
Havard wrote:
Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?


No. There's no official information about it any where, except for the map. Elkhorn Island is a small island (roughly 12 miles long from tip to tip, and only about 6 miles wide at its widest point), northwest of the City of Maus in mouth of The Shallows. It falls under the lawful jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Blackmoor, and maintains a garrison on the eastern-most peninsula called Stagsfort.

Havard wrote:
If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?


The Corruption Scar.

_________________
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 21, 2015 3:19 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6017
Location: Norway, Europe
JPQuinn wrote:
Havard wrote:
Do we know much of Elkhorn Island from other sources?


No. There's no official information about it any where, except for the map. Elkhorn Island is a small island (roughly 12 miles long from tip to tip, and only about 6 miles wide at its widest point), northwest of the City of Maus in mouth of The Shallows. It falls under the lawful jurisdiction of the Kingdom of Blackmoor, and maintains a garrison on the eastern-most peninsula called Stagsfort.



That's what I thought. This would be a great opportunity to explore this location. :)

Havard wrote:
If this is going to be the Temporal Scar, what is the name of the Redwood Scar one?


The Corruption Scar.[/quote]

Maybe I have been too immersed in the Avengers movies of late, but I am getting an Infinity Gem wibe from this? Anyway, fascinating stuff!

I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have. Would it send characters to Mystara? 8)

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 21, 2015 3:25 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm
Posts: 1684
Location: TX, USA
Havard wrote:
Maybe I have been too immersed in the Avengers movies of late, but I am getting an Infinity Gem wibe from this? Anyway, fascinating stuff!

I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have. Would it send characters to Mystara? 8)

I suppose only time will tell..... :wink:

_________________
Rob
Image
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Map Necro - The Redwood Scar
PostPosted: May 21, 2015 7:56 pm 
Offline
Freeholder
Freeholder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 55
Havard wrote:
I wonder what kind of effects Temporal Scar would have.


My favorite part of writing this (so far) is digging into the minutia of Blackmoor's history. I am trying to keep things as aligned with the history of Blackmoor, as printed in the 3.5e campaign book.

_________________
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © The Comeback Inn
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group