Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[BMX-T1] First Queen of Blackmoor
Copied from the main discussion, for development here:

BMX1: When the new moon turns full, the Bishop and Council will crown Uther's successor, a woman claiming kinship to the departed King, and who's claim is confirmed by the Regalia as closer than even that of the King's own twin daughters. Leansethar's fury got her thrown into one of the spell vaults beneath the castle, and Rowena has not been seen in any of her usual haunts for weeks. The Fetch suspects foul play or sorcery of some sort, but needs fresh faces in Blackmoor Town to unravel the mystery before the council crowns the

FIRST QUEEN OF BLACKMOOR
an adventure for 4-6 adventurers of levels 4-7
first in the Thorn's World That Was chronology of Blackmoor

This module would take place within six or so months after the death of Uther Andahar, for which there (as far as I am aware), there is no canon date... unless it was to have been revealed in the Age of the Wolf material? My notes indicate Uther was born in UC 985. Assuming he lives to a ripe old age of 70ish, that would put this at roughly UC1055.

Some questions posed by the premise, and (duh) to be answered over the course of the module:
  • Who is this mysterious other claimant?
  • Is her claim, indeed, legitimate?
  • Wasn't the magical Regalia lost somewhere in the dungeons beneath Blackmoor, during King Funk's reign of terror?
  • How did this woman recover it?
  • If this Regalia is counterfeit, will the PCs brave the Deeps Beneath to retrieve the True Regalia?
  • Who will be the first queen?
  • Did the king die of natural causes?

Let me be clear:

I do not have concrete answers to any of the above questions.

As this has largely cropped up as a thought exercise by yours truly, even I do not have all the answers nailed into place. What is "head canon" and what makes for a good adventure are two completely different things, as far as I am concerned.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
There is something related (of course from my fan take) in the adventure: On the Edge of the Abyss.
Unfortunately I took a long break and I haven't finished posting the adventure... I have all the notes,however and sooner or later I'll finish that job...

PS what do you need for supporting you in this job?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Sounds like you have a great starting point for an adventure! Smile

RobJN Wrote:This module would take place within six or so months after the death of Uther Andahar, for which there (as far as I am aware), there is no canon date... unless it was to have been revealed in the Age of the Wolf material? My notes indicate Uther was born in UC 985. Assuming he lives to a ripe old age of 70ish, that would put this at roughly UC1055.

There has been no hints to the time of Uther's death in any Age of the Wolf material (teasers) or any of the published material, AFAIK.

Age of the Wolf was to be set 269 years after the current era anyway, so it might never even have touched the subject, had it ever been released.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Age of the Wolf was to be set 269 years after the current era anyway, so it might never even have touched the subject, had it ever been released.

-Havard
I was thinking something like that might have been either mentioned in a historical summary, or in a timeline writeup.

Oh well. In absence of anything official, I do what I do best.

Make it up Big Grin

(which is where the whole twins mythology came from to begin with.....)
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog