Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Elf Realms of Blackmoor (Map)
[Image: 11633818443_0364d201cb_b.jpg]

Does this look right to you guys? I am always having trouble trying to get an overview of these things. I figured a map would be helpful.

Also, makes you wonder whats going on in the woods not included in either Elf Realm...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Given the small size of some of the Westryn wooded areas, there might not be much of a permanent population in each of the woods.

And just because a wooded area isn't officially part of their realm, doesn't mean you might not find a scouting party in some of the other wooded areas. Unless of course they are keeping away for a reason ... Wink
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:Given the small size of some of the Westryn wooded areas, there might not be much of a permanent population in each of the woods.

IIRC the Unicorn Woods and Pelham woods are pretty sparesly populated and regarded as backwards by the rest of the Westryn nation.

The Bloodwoods have been abandoned. I connected this to the conflict between Raddan Goss and the Ordo Elementarum, but it is possible that some other explanation was offered in the MMRPG.

Quote:And just because a wooded area isn't officially part of their realm, doesn't mean you might not find a scouting party in some of the other wooded areas. Unless of course they are keeping away for a reason ... Wink

True.
There is a woodland north of Jackport called Potter's Down. For some reason I seem to recall Cumasti elves living there. Do anyone else recall anything about that? Could be a reference from Ties that Bind or the Redwood Scar...

-Havard
Havard Wrote:True.
There is a woodland north of Jackport called Potter's Down. For some reason I seem to recall Cumasti elves living there. Do anyone else recall anything about that? Could be a reference from Ties that Bind or the Redwood Scar...

-Havard

Anyone know anything about Potter's Down?

-Havard
Reading up a bit more on the Westryn, there seems to be an almost separate "subrace" of Westryn found in the Wolfwood, Eaves and maybe the Wild Realm. I will refer to these as Wild Elf Westryn. I am considering updating the map to include these as a separate entry even though they do seem to answer to the Westryn Queen.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:I will refer to these as Wild Elf Westryn.
Elves Gone Wild? Confusedhock: Big Grin :oops:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:
Havard Wrote:I will refer to these as Wild Elf Westryn.
Elves Gone Wild? Confusedhock: Big Grin :oops:

lol Smile

They have at least become very degenerate, with the barbarian class being a common choice, using primitive armor, poison, Giant Scorpion mounts etc.

It seems they are very different from the Westryn of the Westwoods.

-Havard
All right, so I know there was a split in the elves of the North that led to the Westryn/Cumasti (dark and light?) elven cultures.

What I'm unsure of is the nature of the two's relationship with each other.... is there animosity? Indifference? Scorn and/or pity? Shame?

Did the split result from -- or in -- war between the two?

By my (speed) reading of the snippets in the 3.5 Campaign Setting book, it doesn't paint a very solid picture of the relations between the two different elven peoples.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
The 3.5 Sourcebook is fairly vague on the specifics of what happened. IMC I linked the falling out to the story of King Uhlmar and the War with the Temple of Id. When the humans abandoned the elves at the battle with the Id, the elves split between those who would abandon their king and never again trust humans (or other races) and those who would stay loyal to the king. On his deathbed Uhlmar cursed his daughter and those elves who followed her and these became the Westryn.

Not really claiming this to be canonical in any way. There are hints scattered throughout the book about what happened and piecing them together has been something of a pain... Smile

-Havard
The curse, IIRC prevents the dark elves from having children, so it has to have occured within the elvish lifespan, and Havards time-frame makes sense.

On the sub-race thing:
It only stands to reason that elves in different woods would have distinctive practices to some extent - just, for example, as different Peshwha tribes do - but that doesn't make them any less westryn or cumasti, IMHO.