Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Archlis
[Image: 8482758312_2cd0da3829_z.jpg]

Tired of City Maps yet? Smile

This coastal city was once the home of Skelfer Ard. It was destroyed during the Mage Wars, two centuries ago, but has since been rebuilt.

I added a ruined part of the city as a nod to the Mage Wars incident. Although the main temple of Mwajin is located in Maus, it made sense to me to have a temple of Mwajin in Archlis as well. I was surprised to see how low the population figures for Archlis were, but I am not sure any of these numbers make that much sense.

Wolper Gannet is the Baron of Archlis and I gave him a fairly large Citadel to defend Blackmoor's ports from pirates.

The name New Channel is an interesting one. I wonder if the channel was created during the Mage Wars or whether it was a result of the flooding from the Egg of Coot...

More City Maps
-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I, for one, would not want to be caught near the Old Archlis ruins at night. (Or any other time of day, for that matter...)
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Which old ruins would you prefer??? :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
RobJN Wrote:I, for one, would not want to be caught near the Old Archlis ruins at night. (Or any other time of day, for that matter...)

That is actually brilliant enough to make an adventure out of!

Old Archlis was destroyed by Elliere Vadaley in 894. In 900 she was destroyed by Skelfer Ard in an Arcane Duel. Perhaps Elliere is still haunting these ruins along with a bunch of undead minions?

What other secrets may these ruins hold?

Yaztromo Wrote:Which old ruins would you prefer??? :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:I, for one, would not want to be caught near the Old Archlis ruins at night. (Or any other time of day, for that matter...)

That is actually brilliant enough to make an adventure out of!

Old Archlis was destroyed by Elliere Vadaley in 894. In 900 she was destroyed by Skelfer Ard in an Arcane Duel. Perhaps Elliere is still haunting these ruins along with a bunch of undead minions?

What other secrets may these ruins hold?
Guess I know what my first "Classic Age of Blackmoor" adventure will be. Big Grin
Rob
RobJN Wrote:Guess I know what my first "Classic Age of Blackmoor" adventure will be. Big Grin

Go for it! Smile

Would love to see an adventure based around that location. Random Map Making decions can lead to all sorts of things it seems! Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
RobJN Wrote:Guess I know what my first "Classic Age of Blackmoor" adventure will be. Big Grin

Go for it! Smile

Would love to see an adventure based around that location. Random Map Making decions can lead to all sorts of things it seems! Smile

-Havard
Have notes already. Just need to hammer some shape into it......
Rob
RobJN Wrote:
Havard Wrote:

Go for it! Smile

-Havard
Have notes already. Just need to hammer some shape into it......

Note taken. 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Hmm. James Pren, a character with whom I have a passing aquaintance, comes from Archlis. Smile

I shall be interested to see any more material on this location.
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Back cover copy, still in draft, but suitable teaser material, I hope....

Archmage's Legacy, part 1: A Wrath Born of the Sea Wrote:Trade with Archlis, usually brisk with the lifting of the mantle of winter’s ice and snows from the North, has trickled to a halt. Ships are giving up on the southern spur of the Crab Coast, turning around to take the long way ‘round to Maus.

A mid-spring’s storm blew in off the Northern Sea, sank its teeth into the coast, and settled in to see about drowning the Dancers.

Two week’s steady rain stretch into a third. Ships that tried to leave port found the winds turning against them, tearing sails where it didn’t tie them in knots, and sending ships too close to the shallows and reefs for their captains’ comfort.

And now, the latest news is that the Channel Bridge on the Erak road has washed out -- no small feat, as the wide stone bridge was a gift from the dwarves, sealing an alliance from the old days after the Mage Wars.

After the first week’s nonstop rains, jokes in the taverns were all of “Ellierre’s pent -up tears” (some mentioned other, unsavory fluids), finally spilling from her centuries-old duel with the White Wizard.

After two weeks, nobody was laughing.

As the third week draws to a close, what was once spoken of in jest is now talked of in tense, hushed whispers, quickly followed by the closed-circle warding against Evil’s Eye.
Rob