Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
City Maps: Jackport
Due to the hugely positive feedback in the Vestfold City Map thread, I am risking posting another map. This time, the small town of Jackport.

Version 2:
[Image: 8479124182_5c3a01b271.jpg]

Version 1:

[Image: 8456980876_4919610e99_n.jpg]

Some notes:
* The Font of Dolphins is featured in the adventure Ties that Bind in the BMCS.
* The Temple of Elgath at the town outskirts is mentioned in the BMPG.
* The House of Father Aeris and the High Temple are references to a game DMed by Rafe, with me and Sauna as players a couple of years ago.

Anything missing? How would you use Jackport in a campaign?

More City Maps
-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Merowech's Tavern to the north is missing! :o

[Image: 2a542d5b8c8cbc1f0000f607db0e66e2.jpg]
Havard Wrote:* The House of Father Aeris and the High Temple are references to a game DMed by Rafe, with me and Sauna as players a couple of years ago.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:
Havard Wrote:* The House of Father Aeris and the High Temple are references to a game DMed by Rafe, with me and Sauna as players a couple of years ago.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I was hoping you would notice Smile

Quote:Merowech's Tavern to the north is missing!

This is from the LFC I assume? Where do you want it located? Inside our outside the city walls? Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:This is from the LFC I assume? Where do you want it located? Inside our outside the city walls? Smile

Actually, no.

*Dons storyteller's hat.*

See, whenever I begin to work with a new setting, I first create a character - like, in the autumn of 2003, when I first considered running a Blackmoor game.

Then, I map out that character's biography for the game time or era that I want to cover - simply to get a first feel for the game.

So, back in 2003, the first character I created was Rowell, who we all know played quite the role in the LFC.
He comes off as a grim and cynical war captain, but he is really just Raymond Feist's Jimmy the Hand, ported to Blackmoor.

Rowell's partner in crime, in the case of the Coven, quite literally, was Merowech Rednose, a tech-savy gnome.
Now, I have to confess I don't recall if I invented him as an NPC, or if he was based on a character my good friend Matthias played in a campaign of mine.

Anyway, long story short, Merowech used a teleporter stone on a ghost ship, and thus crash-landed said naval vessel a few miles north of Jackport.

Never shy to make a coin, the adventuring party drove the ghosts out, and made the wreck their new base of operations;
in later campaigns, with other PCs, the wrecked-ship-turned-fortress simply served as an inn, with Merowech as the grumpy tavernkeeper with a pumpgun.

On your map, it would be more or less on the same latitude as Elf Town - probably, a bit more to the north, on the coast east of the unnamed forest. Smile
Thanks for the story! Smile

I wasn't quite satisfied with how Jackport looked, so I made a few adjustments:

[Image: 8479124182_5c3a01b271.jpg]

I wasn't sure if the name of the tavern was Merrowech's Tavern or Drunken Duck, so it is just called "tavern" for now. Also, the shape of the walls has been altered and labels should be easier to read.

"Elf Town" should be reminscient of the "China Towns" or "Little Italies" found in many US Cities except it is located outside of town due to the more eccentric nature of elves. The reason why I included it in the first place was because Jackport is a place where humans and elves are in much closer contact than in other towns of the North. Also, Jackport is noted to have many half-elves.

-Havard
Sending this to my old players. They'll freak out! Big Grin
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Sending this to my old players. They'll freak out! Big Grin

Thanks! That is a really nice complement Smile

-Havard
Note to self:
Add the following to the next update of the Jackport Map:
  • Red Lantern Circus, BMPG p 184
  • "Tavern of the Wayward" from MMRPG S3, ep60
  • "Redlance Tavern" from MMRPG S2 ep23
  • A sign pointing north to Heronport

-Havard
Blackmoor author Jeff Quinn has been posting improved versions of his map of the Jackport Sewers over at the Cartopgrapher's Guild:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/dunge ... post256591

Check it out!

This reminded me that I once made a version of my Jackport City Map with the sewers superimposed:

[Image: 15118985394_f347b3f75f.jpg]

-Havard