Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Philo's Lich Lord
Philo Holbytyn is the Halfling Sheriff of Ramshead. According to DA1 he was once cursed by an evil magic user who is currently a Lich Lord in the Realm of the Egg. Who is this evil Lich Lord?

Some candidates:

* Abler, the Evil Sorcerer known to have terrorized Baron Fant with his Balrog minions?
* The Ran of Ah Foo, at one point ruler of the Duchy of Ten
* Krey, first evil magic user PC. From what I understand he left for the Skandaharian realms, not the realm of the Egg.
* Ibis Shatn, an evil Thonian Mage. Unlikely
* Tamis Azkanikin, leader of the magic user underground.

Thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:* Ibis Shatn, an evil Thonian Mage. Unlikely

Source? Smile

Also, I think it was said somewhere that Philo's lich was Ran.
Rafael Wrote:
Havard Wrote:* Ibis Shatn, an evil Thonian Mage. Unlikely

Source? Smile

Thought you might pick up on this one Wink
DA1, see the description of Barnabas the Wanderer. It is incredible how Blackmoor products tend to hide important details where you least expect to find them.

Quote:Also, I think it was said somewhere that Philo's lich was Ran.

I havent been able to find anything conclusive, but I also think that option is most likely.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Thought you might pick up on this one Wink
DA1, see the description of Barnabas the Wanderer. It is incredible how Blackmoor products tend to hide important details where you least expect to find them.

Very interesting! Now, it might not really have an impact on my plans, but I'll have to check that out...

Havard Wrote:I havent been able to find anything conclusive, but I also think that option is most likely.

I think it was in a footnote in Zimriel's Gazetteer, or something alike! Smile
Ran of an Foo as a Lich!? Ran is a cyborg right? So he's a lich cyborg? where's that come from?
Aldarron Wrote:Ran of an Foo as a Lich!? Ran is a cyborg right? So he's a lich cyborg? where's that come from?

The FFC does suggest a technological side to Ran, but he is also able to cast spells IIRC. I have always seen him as a techno-Lich. Of course, he is a Lich in Rafael's campaign so that may have further strengthened that image of him.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:Ran of an Foo as a Lich!? Ran is a cyborg right? So he's a lich cyborg? where's that come from?

The FFC does suggest a technological side to Ran, but he is also able to cast spells IIRC. I have always seen him as a techno-Lich. Of course, he is a Lich in Rafael's campaign so that may have further strengthened that image of him.

-Havard

Ah, in Rafe's game. Okay.

I'm wondering if the lich you are looking for was one of the other players, maybe one of the original players gone to evil. Hmmm.
Aldarron Wrote:I'm wondering if the lich you are looking for was one of the other players, maybe one of the original players gone to evil. Hmmm.

In that case, Krey or Abler?

Wesely doesn't strike me as a Mage, and Fant is described as a fighter.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:I'm wondering if the lich you are looking for was one of the other players, maybe one of the original players gone to evil. Hmmm.

In that case, Krey or Abler?

Wesely doesn't strike me as a Mage, and Fant is described as a fighter.

-Havard

Yep, was thinking Krey, but that's only because I don't remember Abler's story. Wink

Wesely, aside from not being a mage, was hiding out with the Peshwa IIRC, not the egg.
Aldarron Wrote:Yep, was thinking Krey, but that's only because I don't remember Abler's story. Wink

Not too much is known about Abler's character, but he was a Sorcerer working for the Egg, commanding Balrogs etc, which h sent after Svenny & Co.

Quote:Wesely, aside from not being a mage, was hiding out with the Peshwa IIRC, not the egg.

Yeah, you are right about that Smile

-Havard