Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Noble Houses of Ten
Noble Houses of Ten

House Walcheron
Stronghold: Robinsport
Leader: Unknown (Presumed Dead, family wiped out)

House Stuveyant
Stronghold: Port Dacoit, the Peels

House Degern
Stronghold: Oktagern
Leader: Baron Kay (rest of family wiped out)

House Gladstone
Stronghold: Silverbell, Hanford
Leader: Unknown (Half the family butchered before escaping to Maus or elsewhere)

House Peel
Stronghold: Robinsfort

House Rotherman
Stronghold: Southport
Leader: Unknown (Half the family butchered before escaping to Maus or elsewhere)

House Campbell
Stronghold: Glenfinan

House Hubal
Stronghold: Rusagern
Head: Baron Hubal (Cadets of Degern)
Note: The D20 Sourcebook has a slightly different presentation of Rusagern.

Ran of Ah' Foo
Stronghold: Starmorgan
Leader: Lord Ran
Lord Ran was the Tenth Baron before the Afridhi invasion. What happened to him is not known.

House Van Rijn
Stronghold: Port Dacoit
Leader: Baron Oric Van Rijn (Family escaped safely to Maus with its wealth intact)

House Astonwood (Minor House)
Stronghold: Unknown
Leader: Sir Treegarn Astonwood (Also Sir Dante Astonwood)

House Arrowdark (Minor House)
Stronghold: Unknown
Leader: Sir Claude Arrowdark

The Noble Houses of Blackmoor
More on the Duchy of Ten

Edit: Van Rijin, Astonwood and Arrowdark added.
Edit: Peel added.
Edit: Information from DA4 p 27 added with further information on current status/whereabouts of Duchy Nobles.
-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
The BM PG featured a few more, I think. Smile
Brilliant mate!

I now have one house too many! *Lol*
If we want to elevate one of the two lesser houses, Astonwood is the most likely candidate due to the story about how shocked everyone were when they first heard of a knight of Arrowdark. Then again, we could make Arrowdark a Major house and state that Ran probably made himself lord within one of the existing houses.

More thoughts: One of the reasons I am doing this is that at least IMC, these families will also have relatives in Blackmoor and Thonia. While relations with the "Unwanted" of Ten may not be the best, there are likely others representing the same families in neighbouring countries. That is what nobles do afterall...

Havard
Thanks, but too much honor for me, pal. Smile

I was actually mistaken: I meant "The Wizard's Cabal".
Rafael Wrote:Thanks, but too much honor for me, pal. Smile

I was actually mistaken: I meant "The Wizard's Cabal".

Hehe, well it worked.
Okay for the Wizard's Cabal, there are a few characters I find that can be of interest:

Kargas Dolmut: Lived before the Mage Wars, said to be related to the Imperial Family. Makes sense if there is a Noble House of Dolmut, at least in Thonia?

Raddan Goss: The Evil Mage-King. We know that he had descendants, but do any of them carry his name? Is there a House Goss to this day, and would they even want to be associated with Raddan? (Note to self: Just realized the "Goss" name comes from Raddan's elf side, so probably not appropriate.

Surrina Vadaley: "A sorceress who governed her own territory many leagues away". Where was her realm?

Skelfer Ard: I know many nobles would love to claim to be descendants of Skelfer, but I think he should have departed without known heirs.

Havard
There was some passage about the "Lost noble houses", or something like that; that's where I got Mant Messina's name from. Smile And most of is backstory as well.
House Peel added.

Havard
Havard Wrote:Noble Houses of Ten

Ran of Ah’ Foo
Stronghold: Starmorgan
Leader: Lord Ran
Lord Ran was the Tenth Baron before the Afridhi invasion. What happened to him is not known.

-Havard

Very cool list Havard, but the Ran should probably not be a "house"

"Ran" is a title. He was the "Ran" (governor?) of Ah Foo. Ahh Foo I take to be a location in Coot. His actual name is #3428-834-Ex. 21

The Ran conquored ten at some point, either as part of a coot invasion or on his own somehow. As a being apparently created by the Coot, he wouldn't have a "house" unless he is the founder of it, I presume.

Since he's independant from the Egg in Blackmoors "present" it seems likely that he somehow took power in Ten on his own after fleeing Coot. Perhaps he was somehow given his authority there from the Duchy of the peaks, which had formerly controled the territory, and then, when strong enough declared independance.
Aldarron Wrote:Very cool list Havard, but the Ran should probably not be a "house"

Looking back, I think I agree with you here.

Quote:"Ran" is a title. He was the "Ran" (governor?) of Ah Foo. Ahh Foo I take to be a location in Coot. His actual name is #3428-834-Ex. 21

I don't know. The name is an obvious pun. I tend to have a fairly laid back treatment of the NPC descriptions from the FFC since they seem mainly to be intended as humorous.

Quote:The Ran conquored ten at some point, either as part of a coot invasion or on his own somehow. As a being apparently created by the Coot, he wouldn't have a "house" unless he is the founder of it, I presume.

Since he's independent from the Egg in Blackmoor's "present" it seems likely that he somehow took power in Ten on his own after fleeing Coot. Perhaps he was somehow given his authority there from the Duchy of the peaks, which had formerly controled the territory, and then, when strong enough declared independence.

I think David Ross/Zimriel suggests that he came to power in Ten after fleeing the Egg. But I do agree that making his a house was probably not such a good idea. This means either Astonwood or Arrowdark may have been the Tenth House unless we are talking about a lost house which was possibly destroyed by Ran?

-Havard
Updated:
Information from DA4 p 27 added with further information on current status/whereabouts of Duchy Nobles.

-Havard