Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Designers: David James Ritchie (1950-2009)
David J. Ritchie co wrote the modules DA1, DA2 and DA3 with Dave Arneson. He also wrote DA4 Duchy of Ten, but according to Arneson, he was not consulted for this adventure and Ritchie is the only one credited for that module.

Over at BoardgameGeek.com I found the following:

BoardgameGeek Wrote:David James Ritchie (October 6, 1950 - September 6, 2009) was a role-playing game designer from Canton, Ohio. He was the co-author of DA modules 1-3 and the only author listed for DA4. The DA module series were a series of four adventures for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, designed to be compatible with the Dungeons & Dragons Expert Set. They were written for character levels 10–14 and published between 1986 to 1987.

The 1983 rules for the second edition Gamma World boxed set were designed by Ritchie along with the original designers James M. Ward and Gary Jaquet.

On September 6, 2009, he passed away at his home in Connecticut. He was 58 years old.

RPG Credits
  • BH3: Ballots & Bullets
  • Boot Hill (2nd Edition)
  • DA1: Adventures in Blackmoor
  • DA2: Temple of the Frog
  • DA3: City of the Gods
  • DA4: The Duchy of Ten
  • DragonQuest Boxed Set (First Edition)
  • DragonQuest Master Set (2nd Edition)
  • DragonQuest Rulebook (2nd Edition)
  • DragonQuest: Arcane Wisdom
  • Gamma World (3rd Edition)

Do we know anything else about David Ritchie?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I've never confirmed this, but I assume http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/894...ah_Ritchie is the same David and Deborah Ritchie from Avon CT. Mrs. has written a few magazine articles and such also.