Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution
Some time ago I was attracted by ZGG brand (remembering Blackmoor productions) and I managed to find the time and occasions to play The Gears of Revolution. I was really stunned by this campaign!
I only think that they picked the wrong ruleset to run it... you can find my general thoughts in my review here https://heroengine.wordpress.com/2017/04...#more-2684
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Some time ago I was attracted by ZGG brand (remembering Blackmoor productions) and I managed to find the time and occasions to play The Gears of Revolution. I was really stunned by this campaign!
I only think that they picked the wrong ruleset to run it... you can find my general thoughts in my review here https://heroengine.wordpress.com/2017/04...#more-2684

Nice review!
However, this has nothing to do with Zeitgeist Games. Zeitgeist was one of the settings published by ENWorld. I forget the other one now. There may even have been others later that I never heard about.

The book looks great. I think one of the problems with ENWorld is that they are not all that good at communicating their products outside of the ENWorld Community. I had a look at O.L.D and N.E.W and again I see some nice artwork, but beyond that I fail to see why I should be interested in their products.

I do like steam tech type elements in my games and I am also interested in Napoleonic Era campaigns etc, but is that really what they are offering?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
:oops: I missed the trick about Zeitgeist being a setting and having nothing to do with Zeitgeist Games! Confusedhock:
I even genuinely thought that the fact that they allow levelling up at the end of each adventure was a legacy of early Dave Arneson's games! You can find that I added a passing mention to this in my review... :roll:
I just dowloaded the Zeitgeist stuff from EnWorld the other day for curiosity sake - I like it a lot. I'd definitely mine it for Blackmoor or graft the setting onto the greater Blackmoor world.
In this case I really think you could turn it reasonably easily into a future (steampunk-era) Blackmoor with very good satisfaction.
This Zeitgeist stuff seems perfect to mine for my Age of the Wolf project . Thanks for pointing it out! Big Grin