Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
My first video podcast - about Ye Olden Dayes
Just a short note to let folks know that I will be doing the first of my monthly video podcasts this Saturday, October 19th, at one p. m. local (Central US) time. It will go on-line live, through the 'Bloggie' camera, at this URL

http://qik.com/chirine_bakal

The half-hour video will also be stored on the site along with the videos we did at the 'Braunstein' game we did in June.

I'll be talking about gaming in Tekumel in the 1970s and 1980s, Dave Arneson's influence on Tekumel, that rascal Captain Harchar, the various projects that I'm working on, such as "To Serve The Petal Throne", and our current gaming.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Tekumel or gaming with Dave , like our trip to Blackmoor, please feel free to ask me and I'll try to answer them in the podcast. Thanks!

yours, chirine
Adding your blog to my blog. Smile
hey Chirine!

Just came home from a trip abroad. Will check out this after I get some sleep. Looks very interesting though, thanks for sharing! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Adding your blog to my blog. Smile

Thank you! Can I add yours to mine?

yours, chirine
Havard Wrote:hey Chirine!

Just came home from a trip abroad. Will check out this after I get some sleep. Looks very interesting though, thanks for sharing! Smile

-Havard

Thank you! The video is uploaded to the archive, and will be around for you when you like.

yours, chirine
chirine ba kal Wrote:
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:Adding your blog to my blog. Smile

Thank you! Can I add yours to mine?

yours, chirine

Sure, with pleasure! Smile

If you check my page, you will find that I am quite the Tekumel fan, by the way! - By ways of Midkemia, which might seem kind of odd, but still... Smile
chirine ba kal Wrote:Thank you! The video is uploaded to the archive, and will be around for you when you like.

Okay just watched the whole video now! Smile

Some of my favorite parts (in random order):

1) Getting to see you, the chirine armor and all your other gaming stuff
2) Hearing about your early day interraction with Dave Arneson, Gary Gygax, the Blumes Brothers, Prof. Barker, Michael Mornard and others.
3) The differences between GMing styles of Arneson, Gygax and Barker Smile
4) Learning more about Tekumel and how it was played.
5) The story about Captain Harchar and the teleporting device. Would love to find out more about this!
6) The story of how the Tekumel group raided Blackmoor. I guess I need to buy your book now! Smile

Overall, great listening to your stories. Looking forward to more! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign