Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Hey Pathfinder Fans, Check Out Sarunia!
Blast the doors of fantasy wide open! Imagine a world not too unlike Earth set in the Gothic Era, now throw in magic and envision the world experiencing an arcane renaissance. Technomagical devices replicate some modern technology and basic governmental strictures within some lands make it mandatory to provide an education to the masses. Among the topics of things taught is arcane theory; those which can wrap their minds around it can benefit from the use of cantrips by selecting a feat that allows it. The civilized lands is just one part of the world though.

Vast tracks of wilderness remain unspoiled and steaming jungles and forests can be found aplenty. The wilderness teems with life, not just sentient life that lives in harmony with nature, but also primordial life; serpents, scalykind and triassic terrors. This world has not suffered from any extinction level events and these life forms have been evolving for millennia. There are many sentient reptilian races that have evolved from prehistoric life forms. There was once a grand empire that spanned the known world that fell into decadency and in its wake lies ruins ripe for plundering and trepidations best not trifled with.

The civilized world and the primordial lands are in an ever constant battle to remain dominant.

On Facebook / On The Pathfinder Database
ANGEL TARRAGON (aka Neko Princex)
Click on my name for my socials.
Sounds interesting! I will check it out when I get home from work Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Sounds interesting! I will check it out when I get home from work Smile

Have you put Sarunia into the Hollow World yet, Havard? :wink:
Big Mac Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Sounds interesting! I will check it out when I get home from work Smile

Have you put Sarunia into the Hollow World yet, Havard? :wink:

*Lol*

Nope. I am afraid you havent understood the philosophy behind my world combination project. The only settings I will combine are those who can be linked through meta-history. FR, DL, Planescape, Dark Sun, Birthright or Ebberon will never be considered for adaptation, neither will any new settings published by third party companies.

That said, Sarunia sounds like an interesting setting on its own. It does seem to have a few similarities with Blackmoor, which is always nice.

Impressive work TAD Smile

-Havard
Thanks for the praise. New stuff up, BTW.

General Feats
Academy Graduate
Destiny's Child
Doctor
Fate's Embrace
Fortune's Favor
Knowledgeable
No Fate But What I Make
Secondary Study
Serendipity
Skill Expertise
Tertiary Study

Prestige Class
Surgeon
Cool! Smile

Are you using Blackmoor as a direct inspiration?

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Cool! Smile

Are you using Blackmoor as a direct inspiration?

-Havard
Well, I did recently buy the Blackmoor D20 Player's Companion, but upon skimming through it I found the crunch to be pretty uninspiring. I have yet to give the book a good thorough reading. Other than that any similarities between Sarunia and Blackmoor are purely unintentional.
Twin Agate Dragons Wrote:Well, I did recently buy the Blackmoor D20 Player's Companion, but upon skimming through it I found the crunch to be pretty uninspiring. I have yet to give the book a good thorough reading. Other than that any similarities between Sarunia and Blackmoor are purely unintentional.

I'm not sure what could have been done differently in that respect, but I wouldnt be getting into Blackmoor for the crunch. The background, character and history is what draws me to that setting Smile

-Havard
The Solarite race is now live on the database!
The Human race is now live on the database!