The Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Discussion Forum



It is currently Dec 16, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 21, 2016 5:24 pm 
Offline
Knight
Knight

Joined: Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
I don;t know if this has already been mentioned, but The Source Comics and Games here in the Twin Cities will be having a Dave Arneson Day on Oct. !st; Dave Wesely will be running one of his Braunstein games, and I'll be on display to answer questions about Dave. Many games will be on offer, and I think Dave would be pleased.

_________________
http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

"My Lord, they're calling you a 'peasant'! Are you offended?"
"Nope. When you're an Imperial Governor, you usually get called *much* worse things..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 22, 2016 4:46 pm 
Offline
Count
Count
User avatar

Joined: Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm
Posts: 1327
Sounds like a very nice day!

_________________
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 25, 2016 8:26 am 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6015
Location: Norway, Europe
It is great that you will be running games there on Dave Arneson Day this year as well. Time flies and October 1st is approaching quickly.

I would also like to support Dave Arneson Day and the week leading up to it, that some have called Blackmoor Week, here at The Comeback Inn, on my Blog and on other media.

I wish I could go to the US and join your games, but since that is going to be difficult, I hope you will share details and perhaps photos from this year's events as well?

I wish you all the best for the games!

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 25, 2016 11:29 am 
Offline
Knight
Knight

Joined: Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Havard wrote:
It is great that you will be running games there on Dave Arneson Day this year as well. Time flies and October 1st is approaching quickly.

I would also like to support Dave Arneson Day and the week leading up to it, that some have called Blackmoor Week, here at The Comeback Inn, on my Blog and on other media.

I wish I could go to the US and join your games, but since that is going to be difficult, I hope you will share details and perhaps photos from this year's events as well?

I wish you all the best for the games!

-Havard


Thank you! Burl Zorn will be running 'd20 Blackmoor', Dave Wesely 'Braunstein #4', john Till 'FATE for Tekumel', and Gerald Dagel 'Daleks in the Dungeon'; their big concern is not getting any players, at this point. There is simply so little knowledge of and recognition of Dave Arneson and his contributions to the hobby; I happened into another local game store, and nobody in the place knew who Dave (or Gary, for that matter) were and what they did.

I'll take lots of photos, as I did for Dave's last public appearances at The Source in 2007 and 2008, and they'll be on file for people to see.

_________________
http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

"My Lord, they're calling you a 'peasant'! Are you offended?"
"Nope. When you're an Imperial Governor, you usually get called *much* worse things..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 25, 2016 4:07 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6015
Location: Norway, Europe
chirine ba kal wrote:
Thank you! Burl Zorn will be running 'd20 Blackmoor', Dave Wesely 'Braunstein #4', john Till 'FATE for Tekumel', and Gerald Dagel 'Daleks in the Dungeon'; their big concern is not getting any players, at this point. There is simply so little knowledge of and recognition of Dave Arneson and his contributions to the hobby; I happened into another local game store, and nobody in the place knew who Dave (or Gary, for that matter) were and what they did.

I'll take lots of photos, as I did for Dave's last public appearances at The Source in 2007 and 2008, and they'll be on file for people to see.


That sounds great! Which one is Braunstein #4? :)

I will promote this in tomorrow's post on Blackmoor Week. Hopefully that will help sending players your way! :)

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 26, 2016 6:18 am 
Offline
Knight
Knight

Joined: Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Havard wrote:

That sounds great! Which one is Braunstein #4? :)

I will promote this in tomorrow's post on Blackmoor Week. Hopefully that will help sending players your way! :)

-Havard


The one set in a 'Central American republic', as I recall. It's less space intensive, and does not need a miniatures table unless it's wanted.

Sounds good! Thank you!

_________________
http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

"My Lord, they're calling you a 'peasant'! Are you offended?"
"Nope. When you're an Imperial Governor, you usually get called *much* worse things..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 26, 2016 3:17 pm 
Offline
Lord of the Regency Council
Lord of the Regency Council
User avatar

Joined: Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 6015
Location: Norway, Europe
chirine ba kal wrote:
The one set in a 'Central American republic', as I recall. It's less space intensive, and does not need a miniatures table unless it's wanted.

Sounds good! Thank you!


Ah, the "Banana Republic" Braunstein is a great choice for Arneson Day. As I remember from Wesely's stories, this is where Arneson really impressed Wesely with his player skills and won the Braunstein Game gloriously.

Daleks in the Dungeon sounds familiar. Is it a Doctor Who Braunstein, or something else?

-Havard

_________________
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Arneson Day at The Source - Oct. 1st., 2016
PostPosted: Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm 
Offline
Knight
Knight

Joined: Mar 06, 2010 9:56 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Havard wrote:
chirine ba kal wrote:
The one set in a 'Central American republic', as I recall. It's less space intensive, and does not need a miniatures table unless it's wanted.

Sounds good! Thank you!


Ah, the "Banana Republic" Braunstein is a great choice for Arneson Day. As I remember from Wesely's stories, this is where Arneson really impressed Wesely with his player skills and won the Braunstein Game gloriously.

Daleks in the Dungeon sounds familiar. Is it a Doctor Who Braunstein, or something else?

-Havard


It's fun, and the way Dave took over the game and made it his own was hilarious. The bit with the leaflets was the icing on the cake.

It's not a Braunstein; it's 'Dr. Who meets D&D', with Our Heroes materializing in a classic dungeon hotly pursued by Daleks. Mayhem ensues. :)

_________________
http://chirinesworkbench.blogspot.com/

"My Lord, they're calling you a 'peasant'! Are you offended?"
"Nope. When you're an Imperial Governor, you usually get called *much* worse things..."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © The Comeback Inn
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group