Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Don't be shy! - Evensong, the LFC, and YOUR HOMEGAMES.
Brethren and Sistren,

So, this is, as I boldly announced to my admin colleagues, "where the real stuff goes down", and what I personally will not resist to treat as my personal playground. - Why's that?

Well, because, sooner or later, every Blackmoor campaign reaches that point where the group does things to outgrow the published setting.

(Like turning the City of Gods into a fully functioning Star Destroyer. Ahem. - Or, destroying the Egg of Coot. Ahem, ahem.)

And that's how ALL campaigns based on published settings go. Sooner or later, if you game consistently, you make the setting your own.

But then, what? In a setting with a focus as narrow as Blackmoor's, that means that DMs, sooner or later,
will always introduce elements they choose according to their own preferences.
And that is what this section of the board is supposed to be about - expansions to the canon. Smile

Now, given the history of this community, and the setup of this website, we have historically favoured one specific interpretation of the setting (mine, hehehe),
which was The Last Fantasy Campaign, and which is now, as an extension of itself, Evensong.

BUT, and that is the important part to understand, that we followed our personal approach to the game and setting
doesn't mean that we think anyway less of the approach YOU take.

So, while this board is primarily dedicated to discuss and to create description of Blackmoor outside the published eras,
what we really want is YOU to post about your homegames here!

Yes, my posts, and probably those of our little "Silent Guard" here will probably (and understandably) focus on our games,
but don't let discourage you if you can come up with something radically different. Smile Post here, and ye shall be responded!

TLDR

Post about your homegames here.

Yours,

Rafe
Le Noir Faineant Wrote:if you can come up with something radically different. Smile Post here, and ye shall be responded!

TLDR

Post about your homegames here.

Yours,

Rafe

ehm... doesn't sound like you wanted to make an annoucement and then lock the thread to me... :wink:
I'd be curious to read other stories from somebody else...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.