Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[BECMI] Monster Conversion: Ash Goblins
Aldarron asked if anyone had converted monsters from the D20 Blackmoor line to Classic D&D and I thought I would have a go at some of them. Here is the first one:

Goblin, Ash
Armor Class: 4
Hit Dice: 3* (M)
Move: 120' (40')
Attacks: By Weapon
Damage: 1d6 (Short Sword)
No. Appearing: 2d8 (6d10)
Save As: F3
Morale: 7
Treasure Type: C
Intelligence: 13
Alignment: Neutral
XP Value: 50
Monster Type: Humanoid (Common)

Ash Goblins are a type of goblins living in the Ash Hills, suffering from strange mutations. They look like ordinary Goblins, but have leather-tough gray skin. In combat, Ash Goblins can use a Fearful Howl. Enemies hearing their howl must roll a Save vs. Turn to Stone or flee for 1d6 rounds. Characters who make their saving throw are immune against further howl attacks from that group.

Ash Goblins first appeared in Dave Arneson's Blackmoor (3E).

Feel free to criticize or offer other comments! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
14 reads and no comments. Does the conversion suck, disappoint, please, or what? Smile

-Havard
Havard Wrote:14 reads and no comments. Does the conversion suck, disappoint, please, or what?

ALL your Blackmoor material pleases, Havard. If it didn't live up to your regular cool standards, don't worry, we'd tell you! ;^)
*Sheridan
Check out my latest projects: The Fey Codex (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/237056) and Heart and Soul (levels 5-10, https://www.dmsguild.com/product/252178).
[Image: Tolleen.png]
Very cool Havard! Thanks for doing this. I don't have the 3e sourcebook (just the Players guide), but will have a look at the write ups in the 4e book to see if there's anything else to suggest. Things are kinda crazy with me time wise, right now with ski season starting and that being my only employment at the moment.....
Hokay,

4e book lists intelligence at 14.

Made a few little additions to the description. Tel me if you like or not.

Ash Goblins are a type of unusually intelligent goblins living in the Ash Hills, who have experienced a number of strange mutations. They look much like ordinary Goblins, but are more muscular and have leather-tough metallic gray skin, small horns and unusual, serrated ears. In combat, Ash Goblins can use a Fearful Howl. Enemies hearing their howl must roll a Save vs. Turn to Stone or flee for 1d6 rounds. Characters who make their saving throw are immune against further howl attacks from that group.
Hey,
your modifications sound great Aldarron! With respect to Int, the WotC era editions seem to have much higher ability scores, at least for PCs, than the TSR era ones. I have no idea why they increased it from 13 to 14, but there could be edition specific game mechanical reasons for that.

-Havard