Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Controlled Blackmoor...
Mostly a question for Havard:

On Fin's forum Havard wrote

"Bill Hoyt: Controlled Blackmoor in the very early stage before taking over Williamsfort..."

Very interesting, but what does Controlled Blackmoor mean? Are we talking about the Barony or the whole Northern Marches or the town or the castle? Was he a lord of the castle or a conqueoror or somehing else?

What I'm getting at is this a character who need to be fit into the timeline....?
Aldarron Wrote:Mostly a question for Havard:

"Bill Hoyt: Controlled Blackmoor in the very early stage before taking over Williamsfort..."

Very interesting, but what does Controlled Blackmoor mean? Are we talking about the Barony or the whole Northern Marches or the town or the castle? Was he a lord of the castle or a conqueoror or somehing else?

What I'm getting at is this a character who need to be fit into the timeline....?

These are good questions, which I have been pondering on for a bit myself.

I think the clue here is something Greg said about Dave running multiple Blackmoor campaigns on different days of the week. The First Fantasy Campaign seems to mostly be derived from gaming events from the group Greg was part of. In this group, David Fant controlled Blackmoor.

Bill Hoyt OTOH, seems to have been part of a different group, in which he took the role normally occupied by David Fant. Interestingly though, some players seem to have moved between the groups. Duane Jenkins played in both groups, as did Bob Meyer IIRC. Marshal Hegfeld also played with Hoyt & Co.

It might make sense to consider the game Hoyt was part of as a sort of parallell universe, although clearly all of these games give insight into what Arneson's games were like.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:Mostly a question for Havard:

These are good questions, which I have been pondering on for a bit myself.

I think the clue here is something Greg said about Dave running multiple Blackmoor campaigns on different days of the week. The First Fantasy Campaign seems to mostly be derived from gaming events from the group Greg was part of. In this group, David Fant controlled Blackmoor.

Bill Hoyt OTOH, seems to have been part of a different group, in which he took the role normally occupied by David Fant. Interestingly though, some players seem to have moved between the groups. Duane Jenkins played in both groups, as did Bob Meyer IIRC. Marshal Hegfeld also played with Hoyt & Co.

It might make sense to consider the game Hoyt was part of as a sort of parallell universe, although clearly all of these games give insight into what Arneson's games were like.

-Havard

Ah, that makes sense. Very interesting Havard, thanks. Smile