Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Question about E34 - TotF
This may be a stupid question, but...

… I'm prepping to run Episode 34 (Temple of the Frog) and it's really awesome, but I don't see a map anywhere.

(1) Is it supposed to be run in a linear manner? (E.g. 1-1, then 1-2, then 1-3, and so on.)(

(2) Is it supposed to go with a map from another module? (I have the DA module somewhere and I don't remember but I assume it has a map in it.)

What's the story with this?
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
I haven't run this episode yet in my campaign associated with MMRPG, so I didn't have an in-depth read of the episode. However, I had a quick look at the maps in DA2 module and they don't seem to follow the same numbering used by the MMRPG module (in DA2 you have simple numbers, like 1, 2, 3...., while in the episode you have 1-1, 1-2, 1-3....)
In some other MMRPG modules, like The Redwood Scar and The Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor, for example) there is a clear statement that you need to have the associated ZGG adventure module (from retail) in your hands to run the episode, but I haven't spotted something like that in episode 34, but maybe I missed it...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yeah, that's sort of where I found my self as well. I did eventually find my DA module and peeked at its maps and came to a similar conclusion. And I don't see a "you need the module" disclaimer on Episode 34, either so I guess I'm still puzzled by the whole thing.
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

Oh I think you were supposed to run that with the Zeitgeist module by Harley Stroh.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/547...f-the-Frog
Logical. I think I have all of the Zeitgeist d20 Blackmoor stuff, so I must have that one. I'll look at the maps, and thanks for the tip. Smile
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson

Looks like things are numbered differently, but I should be able to use the maps from the Zeitgeist module because the base descriptions seem similar. Thanks again for the lead. (I also picked up the PDF so that I could print the maps as needed. A bummer that it's all black & white instead of color...)
Marv / Finarvyn
OD&D since 1975

- Dave Arneson