Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
"The Haunted Lighthouse", Goodman Games, 2003.
Running this for my game, next month, under the DCC RPG rules. Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? Smile
Raphael Pinthus Wrote:Running this for my game, next month, under the DCC RPG rules. Thoughts, suggestions, ideas? Smile

Its been a while since I read through that one. The first thing I would do is see if it could be connected more to the Blackmoor setting? What would be the ideal placement for it? On the Crab Coast perhaps? Maybe tie in some ship from archlis passing by? Perhaps Skandaharian raiders thrown in? Possibly have the PCs shipwreck near the Lighthouse?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Ran this last week. Not sure how the module really ties in with DCC number 3, but by itself, as a stand-alone, you need to beef it up, considerably. - Or, scale it down to a level (figuratively speaking), where it becomes a purely Gothic adventure, and other systems would fit it better than D&D.

Considering some of the ideas sound, very, very 3e-ish, I wonder how much was really edited into Mr Arneson's manuscript. Especially with many of the adventures from classic authors having a great outline (like this one), but a rather so.so execution.

That said, I stand by my verdict from four years ago; I still enjoy this adventure more than the average one-nighter. Like much of the early 3e stuff, I needs a lot of rework to really go through smoothy, but if you're willing to do that, lots of fun. Smile